Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Get a Job at a Fast Food Restaurant?

Options
  • 03-02-2018 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Okay, I know it’s a stupid question but I’m a teenager looking for my first job so I guess it’s kind of okay.

I want to apply to places like McDonald’s, Burger King, etc. I know they’re not the nicest jobs but I’m looking for a job fast so I can get some experience and progress onwards.

My question is do I bring my CV to McDonald’s? Or do I just walk up to the cashier and ask if they’re hiring and then ask for an application? Also, I printed my Burger King application, do I just hand it to a cashier in an envelope?

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

I was 15 getting my first job, it was in Cummins Sports,at 16 i was in Pound City on Patrick street, long since gone.

I worked in McDonald's in Blackpool at 17.

All i did every time was walked in and asked for the manager, in the event they weren't available i handed in an application form that was previously handed to me.

I got the job in McDonald's quite easily, it is a fast paced job though.

Have you tried Abrakebabra,Supermac's etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

One of the first jobs I did myself as a kid, invaluable experience.

I'd try the family owned places first or the smaller franchises.
    You might get lucky with the bigger ones, but they're a lot less flexible if you need time off, can't make it in or need reliable hours.

Literally just walk in to one not too far from home when it's quiet and ask if they would take you on for a few hours.

Very often during the really quiet hours just after opening, it's the owners or managers who are the ones opening up, who you'll need to talk to anyway.

Although it might be better if a parent or sibling were with you, just to get over the shyness.

They might give you like 5,10,15hrs a week during peak weekend hours.
    You could be doing anything from scooping chips, to doing the washing up or being at the back of the oven if it's a pizza shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Ask for the manager to hand your CV to, it will be a good opportunity to demonstrate to the manager that you are serious about seeking a job compared to people who just leave a CV with the cashier and walk off.

If the manager isn't there then ask for a time where he/she would be in and come back at that time. It's all about creating a good impression and showing that you are both eager and serious about working in that company, even if it's just a stepping stone for you, remember it means a lot more to the manager so share that sense of importance.

Advertisement