Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from weather forum

Options
  • 03-02-2018 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭

I am continuously being banned from this forum for no legitimate reason. It appears that if anyone disagrees with weather forecasts or complains or expresses disappointment when potential weather fails to materialise, then you are labelled a troll. I have never engaged in any rows, insults or the likes with anyone. I keep myself to myself but one or two moderators seem to have it in for me. I have seen other contributors engage in mud slinging but no ban for them. It’s like there is a little clique that all stick together. I am not a big participant but I do like to pop into the forum now and again.

I wish to have this latest ban, 1 month, lifted please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you contacted the mod and attempted to resolve it with them? That is the first step in the DRP process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭fraxinus1

Hello Dudara

I haven't contacted the mod as there is no point. The same mod banned me on the 14th January and when I engaged they told me to do straight to the disputes forum. The reason given for my ban was this rather generic one

'Discussion can become heated, we don't object to that, but when a moderator issues a warning on a thread to reign things in, it stops a heated discussion from turning into a mess'.

The thing is, I rarely interact with other users and when I do, its all rather normal and civil. I am at a loss as to why I am banned. I keep hearing this term 'trolling' being used but surely stating the facts or an opinion on a matter is permitted? I could understand there being an issue if my opinions were insulting or controversial etc. But they aren't.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

fraxinus1

Please follow the procedure as set out - if you choose not to try and resolve your dispute with the banning mod your appeal will go no further

You say you are at a loss as to why you were banned. The mod who banned you can confirm that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Hi fraxinus1,
    Here we are with a 2nd dispute to resolve, and for some unexplained reason you did not reply to me as asked in the recent 1st dispute, which is still open as a consequence. I asked you twice in this forum to reply, plus PM'd you additionally, and you failed to respond.

If you do not reply shortly to the earlier 1st dispute on this forum, I will ask Admin to close it. Furthermore, I strongly recommend that you contact the banning mod regarding this 2nd dispute here mentioned per dudara, Beasty, and the dispute resolution flowchart.

If you have any questions regarding this process, or wish to further clarify your position, please feel free to PM me or post accordingly.

Sincerely,
    Black Swan

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

ADMIN REQUEST:
    Please close this DRP. Member fraxinus1 had been 1-month banned by Weather mod, followed by 1-month site ban by Admin, both of which fraxinus1 had re-regged with one or more duplicate accounts to circumvent the forum and site bans. Consequently, Admin has permanently site banned fraxinus1 for re-regging, ignoring instructions, and breaking Terms of Use making this DRP moot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Marking this as resolved. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement