Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9 month old with headcold

Options
  • 03-02-2018 3:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6

looking for advice on remedies for my baby, I'm using snufflebaby and saline drops, and calpol as necessary, any other tips? also when should I be concerned and bring her to doctor, anything to look out for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

If she is blocked up the calpol plugins can be effective.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I usually listen to the cough.once it stays fairly loose, it's ok.If it gets really chesty or they are struggling to breathe or it just sounds tight, them I head for the doctor.Calpol plug in, kiddie olbas oil, tip up the head of her cot and avoid letting the house (or her room) get too warm and stuffy at night, helps the nose and the sleep.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 emerbyrner999

thanks, I didn't know you could get olbas for kids, ill check that out. and the plug in. oddly shes sleeping better with it, even though I hear her struggling with her breathing and opening her mouth to breath she still stays asleep :/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

My younger gets very very disturbed when she has a cold, she loses all ability to cope with anything!!!!!So we have tried it all :-) House smells like a herbal shop whenever she isn't well, just to get a hope of a night's sleep!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

There airways are so small they could be sniffling for a long time.

Have you checked how warm there room is, shouldn't be too warm or that will clog them up.
    Let the temp drop at night and they'll breath easier, also make sure there's not lot of material in the room and give it a good hoovering and dusting from top to bottom.
    Do you air out the house, open the windows and doors for 20 minutes and get some fresh air circulating.

• Advertisement
Advertisement