Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currys PC World - Beware - ****e customer service

Options
  • 03-02-2018 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Bought an ipod for my daughter, which was faulty. After 30+ phone calls and 3 visits to the shop (40 miles round trip) they called me to come in and get a replacement. Having told my daughter her Christmas present was coming, when i got there (the day after their invitation) they said they didnt have any in stock, they could order one which would take 10-14 days more or I could pay €60 (subsequently reduced to €40) for another model, so i could take something home. They clearly do not give a ****e about their customer experience and should be avoided.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Fatz1966 wrote: »
    Bought an ipod for my daughter, which was faulty. After 30+ phone calls and 3 visits to the shop (40 miles round trip) they called me to come in and get a replacement. Having told my daughter her Christmas present was coming, when i got there (the day after their invitation) they said they didnt have any in stock, they could order one which would take 10-14 days more or I could pay €60 (subsequently reduced to €40) for another model, so i could take something home. They clearly do not give a ****e about their customer experience and should be avoided.

Why don’t you give Apple a call? If the iPod is faulty they might replace it under their warranty?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Fatz1966

Zhane wrote: »
    Why don’t you give Apple a call? If the iPod is faulty they might replace it under their warranty?

Cheers - the problem was they didnt have any on site except ones €60 dearer - after telling me to come in. Not a problem with Apple - just #Currys PC World.

Advertisement