Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are student accounts capable of having IBANS?

Options
  • 03-02-2018 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello there, recently I wanted to find my IBAN, though I ran into some difficulties. I had input the correct information on numerous occasions into the IBAN calculator, but to no avail. On every occasion there wad a small message at the bottom saying:
    "Your Account Number must be a valid Bank of Ireland account number."
    This had left me to wonder, is it possible for student cards to have an IBAN or is it exclusively for adults? Thank you in advance, I hope to hear back from you soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Every account has an IBAN.

Are you entering a correct BOI sort code?  It should be 90 xx xx.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 imprettybored

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Every account has an IBAN.

Are you entering a correct BOI sort code?  It should be 90 xx xx.
    Yes, I don't think it's to do with my sort code. I double checked that it was correct. I also entered in my account number exactly so i'm confused as to what I should do. I tried another IBAN website calculated and was tld my sort code was correct, but my account number wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'm with AIB,  but I can see the IBAN when I log into Internet Banking.  Do you have boi365, it might be there.

BOI staff won't be here until Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

You mentioned "cards".

The eight digits beside the sort code on your card is not your account number. Its the card number.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Your IBAN is just the banks reference followed by its 6 digit sort code and your 8 digit account number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Your IBAN is visible on 365 Online. On the homepage when logged in click the arrow beside your account and your IBAN will be shown below it.

Otherwise you'll need your sort code and your account number and just calculate it here ( it gives you your sort code based on your branch).

https://www.bankofireland.com/help-centre/iban-calculator/

Your banks sort code is the bank where you opened your student account.

Then enter your account number, as stated above this is not the shorter number on your card. If you've forgotten your account number you'll have to give BOI a ring or pop into your local one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi imprettybored,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

You will be able to recover your IBAN from a previous statement or when you log into the 365 online and click on the current account.

When using the IBAN calculator you need to insert your account number (not found on card) and your sort code.

These details can also be found on a statement and online.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Kareana

Advertisement