Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Russian jet shot down in Syria

• 03-02-2018 5:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭

News breaking on Twitter.Videos showing jet after being hit and explosion on ground.Another video showing pilot parachuting down.A few comments saying he was captured and executed.It might be a turning point if the rebels are after getting their hands on anti aircraft weapons.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

News breaking on Twitter.Videos showing jet after being hit and explosion on ground.Another video showing pilot parachuting down.A few comments saying he was captured and executed.It might be a turning point if the rebels are after getting their hands on anti aircraft weapons.

They have Been shooting down planes for few years now unfortunately it's old news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Same thing happened to the Russians in Afghanistan. Controlled the skies with the Hind attack craft in the early days of the war until the rebels adapted and got better weapons. Russian pilots ended uo getting nicknamed 'cosmonauts' as they had to fly so high as not to get hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Gatling wrote: »
    They have Been shooting down planes for few years now unfortunately it's old news

I don’t think its that common and I think it was the Turks who shot down the last Russian jet if memory serves me right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Same thing happened to the Russians in Afghanistan. Controlled the skies with the Hind attack craft in the early days of the war until the rebels adapted and got better weapons. Russian pilots ended uo getting nicknamed 'cosmonauts' as they had to fly so high as not to get hit.

all thanks to this man and his explosive arrows.

MV5BOTIwNWJhZDItZmNmOC00M2NkLWIwNDktMTYwZWFlZDVkMmVkL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I don’t think its that common and I think it was the Turks who shot down the last Russian jet if memory serves me right.

They had a few helicopters and aircraft shot down over the the last 3 years ,just Russia since Chechnya have repeatedly denied any losses in combat , especially deaths and big ticket military vehicles ,
    They will announce the su25 suffered mechanical failures and they rescued the hero pilot ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Blazer wrote: »
    all thanks to this man and his explosive arrows.

MV5BOTIwNWJhZDItZmNmOC00M2NkLWIwNDktMTYwZWFlZDVkMmVkL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

This film is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

If you be bombing hospitals there's a chance you'll get shot down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Im pretty sure its the 12th recorded loss of a Russian air assets since they came into the war.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

This film is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Advertisement