Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 63 SAB fault

Options
  • 03-02-2018 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi guys,

I have an old astec alarm which has a sab fault. alarm company says they don't make the replacements any more so a new alarm is the only solution. Any thoughts on this? are they right?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The Astec system is obsolete for some time now.There were bell interfaces available but those too are very hard to come by.
    It is possible to replace the panel keypad bells & PiRs using the GSD i1070 without having to replace all the window & door sensors.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 simwalsh

Thanks KoolKid. I’ll try them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

simwalsh wrote: »
    Thanks KoolKid. I’ll try them.

Chances are your sensors are about 20 years old. If you can afford it, replace them as well while you're at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 simwalsh

The house is about 10/11 years old. I believe Astec was taken over and taken off the market but it’s disappointing there’s no spares.
    Chances are your sensors are about 20 years old. If you can afford it, replace them as well while you're at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The house is about 10/11 years old. I believe Astec was taken over and taken off the market but it’s disappointing there’s no spares.

You're unlucky as yours was installed towards the end of the road for Astec. The company was shut down so no responsibility on anyone to supply spares.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I have tons of systems with sensors /contacts over 10 years old. If we all got to replace everything after 10 years we would all be making a fortune.
    Sensor and contacts can be converted and GSD, in fairness to them, have configured their panel to connect in Astec zones.

Advertisement