Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another budget gaming PC

Options
  • 03-02-2018 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, I wish to get a gaming PC mainly for the use for Microsoft Flight simulator x and GTA 5. I am not looking to play the games with their settings maxed out but with decent quality.

I am more than happy to buy a prebuilt PC if it works out cheaper for me. To be honest I haven't owned a desktop in about 5 years so I am very out of touch with the latest stuff out there. I am also tally buying a second-hand PC, but again Im not too sure what I am suppose to be looking out for.

1. What is your budget? €500

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Microsoft Flight Sim x, GTA5

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] No

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes (but not included in the budget)

5a. If yes, what size do you need. N/A

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? N/A

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes

8. How can you pay? Card

9. When are you purchasing? In the next few weeks

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? South Dublin

With the research I have done online this is what I have come up with so far: EDIT (wrong link): https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xPtPm8

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Your list is not showing so not sure what you picked but I would imagine on that budget a Ryzen 1200, A320M Motherboard, GTX1050, 8GB DDR4, decent basic case, 350W+ PSU and a 500GB HDD would be your best option. FSX is very CPU heavy though. GTA 5 would run fine at high settings on that configuration.

2nd hand wise, where are you based? Adverts will have some good deals available, especially if you're around or near Dublin.

With a budget like that, a prebuilt will be pretty poor for games so you are far better off building/2nd hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 James1402

Your list is not showing so not sure what you picked but I would imagine on that budget a Ryzen 1200, A320M Motherboard, GTX1050, 8GB DDR4, decent basic case, 350W+ PSU and a 500GB HDD would be your best option. FSX is very CPU heavy though. GTA 5 would run fine at high settings on that configuration.

2nd hand wise, where are you based? Adverts will have some good deals available, especially if you're around or near Dublin.

With a budget like that, a prebuilt will be pretty poor for games so you are far better off building/2nd hand.

Didn't even notice I didn't copy the link properly, here it is: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xPtPm8

I am based in Dublin. I have being looking on adverts but I haven't really found anything within my budget show up as of yet.

Is your budget that flexible? All that stuff would cost the same in euro, so it'd be more of a €650 budget really.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 James1402

Is your budget that flexible? All that stuff would cost the same in euro, so it'd be more of a €650 budget really.

At the moment I can't go much higher than €500.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Nibs05

FSX will struggle I’m afraid, using Prepared 3D v4.1 (basically a new 64bit of fsx) here on a i5 2500k, lucky to get 30fps, it’s smahes the cpu like no other game, simmers recommend i7 8700k for IPC is better then Amd.

• Advertisement

James1402 wrote: »
    At the moment I can't go much higher than €500.

Yes, but all the parts you've picked out will cost about €650.

Need to switch from B350 motherboard to A320, from GTX1050Ti to GTX1050, get a more basic PSU (evga 430w, maybe), etc.

Again as mentioned above FSX is very CPU hungry so be prepared for low performance on that budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

i'd save if i were you. even second hand your budget is pretty small for FSx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

RossieMan wrote: »
    i'd save if i were you. even second hand your budget is pretty small for FSx.
    And for GTA V too.

LOOK, The specs as you posted them MUST be LOWERED, to approach anywhere in your so called "budget" scraping the bottom of the barrell

...SO LEAVE OUT THE DVD PLAYER

Reason: Many modern games don't come with a DVD any more.

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    And for GTA V too.

It's actually plenty for GTA V. It's not that intensive a game and a €300 PC would run it at v.high settings pretty well (2nd/3rd gen i5 + GTX1050).

FSX is a different beast.

Advertisement