Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Immigrant-related shooting in Italy

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭pemay

Shenshen wrote: »
    So let me sum this up : A person goes out and murders 2 complete strangers, selected exclusively by their looks (I assume), and the OP blames the people who were shot for being in Italy in the first place?

That does take some admirable mental gymnastics.

I'll sum it up much more accurately, as pertaining to the thread.

A national of country A, a hotbed of anti-immigrant feeling due to the country being one of the main entry-points for uncontrolled immigration, shoots at random immigrants, apparently owing to the suspected murder of a national by an immigrant.

So yeah..........immigration problems. Hence the thread topic.

Buts that "mental gymnastics" for you!

Oh boy, check out what the word "irony" means, and then don't get back to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

And then there is America and Canada.

Have you ever been in Canada? It's made up of immigrants! And a fantastic place to live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

pemay wrote: »
    Excellent point. You are all doing yourselves a service in avoiding the biggest topic of our age .

What has this got to do with Joe Schmidt dropping Simon Zebo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

A national of country A, a hotbed of anti-immigrant feeling due to the country being one of the main entry-points for uncontrolled immigration, shoots at random immigrants, apparently owing to the suspected murder of a national by an immigrant.

Italy's history of racism isn't new... You've arrived to espouse racist views.

When you have little to bother you, a little bothers you a lot.

Oh so that explains your contributions to the thread. Not much going on, eh?

Just never-ending ****-posting. Talk about self-delusion. Or actually, group-delusion.

Sure keep up the defences, its all going to work out well with people like this at the steering wheel :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Racist ****wit related posting in After Hours.

Shocking, I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Never hear any criticism about this, or Australia or wherever that have strict rules.

Deafness is the only possible cause there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Well, by that logic, burglaries are a problem caused by people living in houses and owning stuff.
    Yes, highly ironic, in a very Alanis Morrisette kind of way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

pitifulgod wrote:
    Let's add some details, none of the people attacked appear to have any association with the perpetrator of the other murder. He made a nazi salute and is a member of the far right party, the Northern League. So really what happened is that a Neo Nazi engaged in a racially motivated attack. Instead you used as a justification for your viewpoint...

pitifulgod wrote:
    Let's add some details, none of the people attacked appear to have any association with the perpetrator of the other murder. He made a nazi salute and is a member of the far right party, the Northern League. So really what happened is that a Neo Nazi engaged in a racially motivated attack. Instead you used as a justification for your viewpoint...

pemay wrote:
    Yeah those are the facts so far. And they are related to immigration.

Murder is nothing to with immigration. It's murder plain and simple.

If you think scum like that wouldn't murder regardless you're the one burying your head.

• Advertisement

pitifulgod wrote: »
    Why can't you back up points when you're asked to? It's almost as if you're making baseless and uninformed claims...

What have you contributed to anything here, do you have a point, or a counter argument, or anything? Its literally just ****-post after ****-post by the usual suspects, one after another.

Its embarrassing, if you can see it, that is.

pitifulgod wrote: »
    Italy's history of racism isn't new... You've arrived to espouse racist views.

What are you talking about? Seriously?

"Italy has a reputation for being racist in the past"

And? Does that not ADD to my point in some fashion?

You know what, forget it. It doesn't matter. Everything is crystal clear here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Race riots in London, paris, the Italian shooting, the Italian murder, the rise of the far right at community and government level, the new lexicon to include "snowflakes" and "Nazis", checking your privilege, the other thread about the au pair getting ripped off, the other thread about social housing, trump, brexit, mc vities jammy dodgers.....

Oh you know, that's just immediately off the top of my head.

But you couldn't possibly have noticed ANY of that, or of the million other examples.

Not at all, at all, at all!!

"the most embattled societies in modern times" are Britain, France and Italy?

Syria? Iraq? Angola? Congo? Cambodia? former Yugoslavia?

RayCun wrote: »
    Racist ****wit related posting in After Hours.

Shocking, I know.

Oh look, maybe I'll call you "ray ****!"........that would be clever wouldn't it?!

Just as well you don't have anything to say, or two brain-cells to rub together, you might actually do yourself harm.

What have you contributed to anything here, do you have a point, or a counter argument, or anything? Its literally just ****-post after ****-post by the usual suspects, one after another.

Its embarrassing, if you can see it, that is.

I offered actual facts about the crime that you omitted and pointed out the fact that a biological basis for racism has no actual scientific basis. I also pointed how utterly terrible your solution to racism is as it pander to hate and resolves nothing. You've attacked every single poster who disagrees with you and when asked to backup your own claims, you get annoyed...

What are you talking about? Seriously?

"Italy has a reputation for being racist in the past"

And? Does that not ADD to my point in some fashion?

You know what, forget it. It doesn't matter. Everything is crystal clear here.

They also have a history of being fascists, so they should return to fascism so? You a fan of Hitler too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Mod: Locked for review. Unlikely to reopen, I'll say that.

Odhinn wrote: »
    "the most embattled societies in modern times" are Britain, France and Italy?

Syria? Iraq? Angola? Congo? Cambodia? former Yugoslavia?

Yeah, that's the difference between war and civilian society.

I like the way you completely ignore my post that destroyed your first fake question, but try to turn it into another fake question instead.

But somebody accused me of mental gymnastics.

Just look back over this thread and observe the extreme effort exerted to avoid the (apparently) terrifying observation. Willful ignorance, wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Shenshen wrote: »
    So let me sum this up : A person goes out and murders 2 complete strangers, selected exclusively by their looks (I assume), and the OP blames the people who were shot for being in Italy in the first place?

That does take some admirable mental gymnastics.

Well OP also made mention of Pamela Mastropietro's murder. Rising crime and racial tensions due to a large influx of migrants into a handful of Italian towns is pretty much to be expected. Not saying that crime isn't present anyway, but there's clear links between large groupings of migrants in urban areas and rising crime rates. These don't have to be anything to do with race necessarily. Cultural differences, poverty etc. also play a part. While the fault of the drive-by shooting appears to belong to nobody but Luca Traini, it can be seen as merely symptomatic. Alternatively you could view it as entirely random, and nothing to do with migration at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Odhinn wrote: »
    Deafness is the only possible cause there.

Very disablist there.

Anyway, have you any comment to make on the fact that some countries will just not accept visa less migrants taking a chance with an immigration provider? You know, rusty boats etc.

They can refuse them, and they will.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement