Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend which xiaomi phone

• 03-02-2018 8:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi, I am looking to possibly buy an xiaomi phone to.buy but keep getting confused about which on to pick. I was looking at the mi a1, the note 4 or possibly the mi max 2, but not so sure with that one as the size of the screen might be too big.
    What I want to know is do all these phones work with vodafone internet ect.
    Also is there any other xiaomi phones to consider.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

The phones should all work fine on Irish networks.

I have a redmi note 4 myself, but I had a look at the specs for the A1 and there isn't a lot between them in terms of hardware although the note 4 has a bigger battery. Neither phone has NFC as far as I can tell. Based on my experience with the note 4, I can say that it's a solid phone for a good price and the battery does last ages.

If you plan on putting another OS on the phone, the process to unlock the bootloader is a bit unusual but easy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭Devilfish698

Cool, thanks a millon for your reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The Mi A1 is a very good device. Savage battery life, and running stock android is a big plus. You should be guaranteed updates for a decent amount of time too. The spec and performance is also great for the money. I really can't fault it. If you can live with no NFC then it's a no brainer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭Devilfish698

Yeah the NFC wouldn't bother me at all I would never use it. How can you tell if it is the global model or chinese model?

Advertisement