Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to identify a boat from a picture I took

• 03-02-2018 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there, I'm trying to identify a fibre glass sailing boat from a picture I took in Copenhagen. Where or how can I post an image on the forum to do that?

Cheers
    James

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Do you mean identify the type of boat or the individual boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Johnny McGoogley

Victor wrote: »
    Do you mean identify the type of boat or the individual boat?

The individual boat please?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

You need to have 50 posts or more before you can post photos or links, if you like you can PM me the photo and I will put it up for you.

fergal.b wrote: »
    You need to have 50 posts or more before you can post photos or links, if you like you can PM me the photo and I will put it up for you.

Yes please, what is your email address?

Yes please, what is your email address?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

I sent you a PM it should come up in your email just attach your photo and reply.

• Advertisement

Could be a "MYRA 20" more like a work boat than a sail boat.

IMG_20160730_122621_zps2zv1jvix.jpg

'Could be a "MYRA 20" more like a work boat than a sail boat'.

Hi Fergal, Thanks for the input but it's definitely not a Myra 20 comparing it with images online. Any other possible suggestions?
    Cheers
    James

The hull shape is known as a double ender something like this http://benny-jessica.com/en/portfolio/double-ender-totally-renovated-2014-new-engine/ there could have been a few different makers in Denmark over the years also the one in your photo may have been adapted over the years might even had have a cabin so very hard to tell.
    ML9A8133-1620x1080_zpsfakrvcgh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I imagine KBH on the stern is "København", Danish for "Copenhagen".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

I too thought ‘Myra Plast’ when I saw that but from memory they did not build open boats (although they might have adapted a hull for a workboat). The design is typically Nordic, dates back to the Vikings, although there are lots also in the Med for inshore fishing. You either like the look or not, they usually polarize views. Colin Archer favoured the design and used it frequently.
    AFAIK a true double-ender must have a stern-hung rudder that extends up to the top of the sternpost – otherwise it is a 'canoe stern'.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

It's what they call a Jolle in Denmark, a small open boat. They are ubiquitous in Scandinavia (and down to Holland) and it could be any one of dozens of small builders that have tried their hand a building this popular little boat. Without a photo of the makers plate, or posting it on a Danish boaters forum, it will likely remain a mystery I'm afraid.

Advertisement