Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ray Darcy. Live on de telly. 3/2/ 18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Talking Italian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

It was obviously this lad that did it, listen to what he told the police, his DNA and fingerprints were all over the murder scene:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Meredith_Kercher#Trial
    Guede said that he and Kercher had kissed and touched, but did not have sexual intercourse because they did not have condoms readily available. He claimed that he then developed stomach pains and crossed to the large bathroom on the other side of the apartment. Guede said he heard Kercher scream while he was in the bathroom, and that upon emerging, he saw a shadowy figure holding a knife and standing over her as she lay bleeding on the floor. Guede further stated that the man fled, while saying in perfect Italian, "Trovato negro, trovato colpevole; andiamo" ("Found black man, found culprit; let's go").[54][55][57][58]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Logo wrote: »
    Why does my licence fee contribute towards this guest on RTE?

It’s not just your fee though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Logo wrote: »
    Why does my licence fee contribute towards this guest on RTE?

Better than Mary from the RTE canteen talking about walking her dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Shes a recruiter for the ira

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

sligojoek wrote: »
    Talking Italian

In an Italian courtroom.

Who'd have thought it eh Ray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

There isn't a shred of evidence placing her at the scene. She's forensically clear. Mignini, the lead prosecutor is an actual piece of shlt and he is responsible for the media image that exists about her. She's weird and awkward, I'll accept that. But she's not a murderer. Rudy Guede is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Omg. She's a nut job. !

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hiberno12345

I like this woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Oh my ears

• Advertisement

Ray doesn't like rebel songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

The overall quantity of evidence Her own confession putting herself at the scene
    The false accusation against her employer
    The subsequent changes in her account as she was arrested
    The mixed blood spots
    The footprint
    Her table lamp locked in the murder room
    The different accounts of the locked door
    Both cell phones turned off
    The DNA evidence implicating her and her boyfriend
    The staging of the murder scene..False break in..Moved body..Covering body
    Her dubious account of her activity the morning after the murder
    The witness who saw her and her boyfriend overlooking the cottage on the murder night
    The shopkeeper who saw her when she claimed to be in her bed sleeping
    The 3am call to her mother which she denied making
    Her overall behaviour after the murde

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Charmeleon

The cops bullied her into that confession. Then she recanted the next morning.

Not exactly. She told them what happened but switched Patrick for Rudy. The next morning she wrote down the same story but said 'it seems a bit unreal to me' or something like that.

anna080 wrote: »
    There isn't a shred of evidence placing her at the scene. She's forensically clear. Mignini, the lead prosecutor is an actual piece of shlt and he is responsible for the media image that exists about her. She's weird and awkward, I'll accept that. But she's not a murderer.

Hope she sues the **** out of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Ha Ray disgusted at the rebel songs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Foxy Knoxy

Man-Eater

Orgy Of Death

I had money on them in the 2.45 at Newmarket.
    amdublin wrote: »
    Ah lads. It's a horrific.

So she slept with 7 fellas. So what. If it was a fella who aslwot with 7 girls would it be ok. Yes I'd say.

Who told her she had hiv?? That's awful

I had 20-1 on Fear the Filly, came in at 10 past 2 :(:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Good evening all. I hope we're going to get to hear from these Irish supporters of hers...perhaps they are in the audience.

I don’t believe her . Her swallowing is contrived ......in order to look emotional and the expression is her eyes isn’t sincere . Don’t buy it

There isn't a shred of evidence placing her at the scene. She's forensically clear. Mignini, the lead prosecutor is an actual piece of shlt and he is responsible for the media image that exists about her. She's weird and awkward, I'll accept that. But she's not a murderer.

Agree with pretty much everything you say but I think it's unfair to call her weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Only 1 way to settle this once and for all, audience, take a vote

I really like this woman, best guest d'arcy has ever had on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Damn keyboard warriors. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Thargor wrote: »
    It was obviously this lad that did it, listen to what he told the police:

He was found guilty of doing the crime on his own within a few weeks of the crime.

Then the cops also brought a totally different case against Amanda.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

What do you mean they "bullied her into that confession"? It was standard interrogation technique and she confessed. You can't just say "they bullied me" as a get-out-of-jail card for everything you say.

I don’t believe her . Her swallowing is contrived ......in order to look emotional and the expression is her eyes isn’t sincere . Don’t buy it
    Disagree, she has been through a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Berserker wrote: »
    Agree with pretty much everything you say but I think it's unfair to call her weird.

Weird as in unusual, she comes across a tad affected. But I don't blame her for being overly cautious about her behaviour and her perception having been through what she has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Striking similarities of what the Garda Heavy Gang did to Joanne Hayes and her in Abbeydorney in 1984.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Will Ray Skype her family asking them to find a knife, handcuffs, a dildo....?

Anyone for a pressup competition..........................that will get the truth out of her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Well as rte tv shows go. Good guest and interview

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

I do journalism AS WELL.

As well as whom?

There isn't a shred of evidence placing her at the scene. She's forensically clear. Mignini, the lead prosecutor is an actual piece of shlt and he is responsible for the media image that exists about her. She's weird and awkward, I'll accept that. But she's not a murderer. Rudy Guede is.

This is totally false, you've been watching too much American coverage of it. The idea that Mignini is some kind of crazy or eccentric prosecutor and rash is dreamt up. The idea that Italian justice is medieval... what a load of garbage. Despite American media coverage, I thought it was pretty well established that Amanda Knox did it, it just couldn't be proven.

Only 1 way to settle this once and for all, audience, take a vote

A Joe Duffy tellypole

If nothing else, her story is proof that a good PR team and a bit of xenophobia back home will get you far.

Joe will be getting calls about the language used in this interview.

What a fantastic woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I thought it was pretty well established that Amanda Knox did it, it just couldn't be proven.
    Where dos this guy fit in the story then?

Not Cark!

Now Ray, that was a great guest. More of that kind of interview and less of the RTE canteen crew from now on.

''I'm back on your radio, Monday at 3pm.''

Is that like, a warning? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭darlett

I feel very sorry for her, terrible all the stuff she has gone through. I believe her.

Its strange the mean confident comments by people who can only guess at her guilt. The comments on her dress and her supposedly old looks (meh she looks about 30 and I imagine ten years of this would give worry lines to many a face) are fairly thick.
    IF she's innocent then she's a hero. And there's not enough evidence that she's guilty so there perhaps but for the Grace of God go any of us.

What a fantastic woman.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Really? Good thing you know the ins and outs of the case you're arguing so passionately about.

She told the court during the trial that the confession was made under duress but then repeated the entire account in a five page memorandum the next morning.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/8803077/Amanda-Knox-Guilty-or-innocent-five-reasons-why.html

I really like this woman, best guest d'arcy has ever had on.

?????

Thargor wrote: »

His shoeprints were all over the scene and he left a trail of prints going towards the front door, however two sets of bare footprints in blood were also found. One set matches Amanda's feet and the other was a match for Sollecito but not Guede. He didn't act alone, he also had no motive to set up the fake break-in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

This is totally false, you've been watching too much American coverage of it. The idea that Mignini is some kind of crazy or eccentric prosecutor and rash is dreamt up. The idea that Italian justice is medieval... what a load of garbage. Despite American media coverage, I thought it was pretty well established that Amanda Knox did it, it just couldn't be proven.

Maybe a telly show like the OJ Simpson or 48 hours program like the one that Robert Wagner is now a Person of Interest, get 'Ross & Joey' to play them;)
    sligojoek wrote: »
    A Joe Duffy tellypole

Just to show that it's 'Loive'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Watched a lot of stuff on this and it's very hard to find any truth. The media, especially Nick Pisa, were scum in their irresponsible reporting of this case. The Italian police cant really be trusted, as they seemed to make a ballsup with the bra clasp, and the interrogation team seemed to think they were Bobbys trying to find who bombed Birmingham. Amanda is very odd person, seems to be a bit of a sociopath, buying lingerie after the girl was killed, why were their phones off all night, why did they buy cleaning supplies? Her naming of Patrick Lamumba was also bizarre but I'm prepared to give her a break on that given the behaviour of the police. Rudy Guede's story kept changing depending on how the chips fell. Still hard to understand how he would murder Meredith and leave a number two in the jacks. How difficult would it have been to flush to remove the DNA evidence?

It's the most bizarre case I've ever read about.

First Comment from David:

What is my take on the case? Well, for once I lend credence to Occam's razor. The least spectacular scenario is the most likely..

Meredith was sexually assaulted and killed by Rudy Guede. He broke into her apartment (with an MO he had provably applied several times in the weeks prior, i.e. throwing a rock through the window, waiting for lights to go on, if they don't, he proceeds). He was surprised by Meredith's presence, violence ensued and he killed her. He tried what he could, and what his mental state allowed for, to cover up his deed and fled. Went to a club and then, the next day probably, started his escape to Germany where he was eventually apprehended.

Amanda, the next day, after sleeping over at Raffaele's comes home to find several oddities (the open door, a turd in the bathroom and few small droplets of blood in the sink. She thinks it's odd, but not necessarily worrying. Odd things happen when living with many and different young people who don't necessarily know each other very well. Nonetheless she's alarmed enough to call her 1 week boyfriend Raffaele, who's aunt is a cop and he advises to call the cops. They do. He comes to the cottage to wait for them with Amanda. In the meantime the postal police arrives but because of a different matter; they had been called by a neighbour who had found both of Meredith's cellphones in her backyard (which had been tossed there probably by Rudy).. Later also the Carabinieri arrive after the postal police breaks down Meredith's door discovering the body (which was not their jurisdiction).

Once the carabinieri arrive, the PM, the chief prosecutor Giuliano Mignini catch a first glimpse of Amanda and Raffaele and dub their behaviour as suspicious. Now it is essential to know a little bit of background about Mignini. He's famous for ludicrous theories, superstition and even misogynistic character assessments. The whole ****storm starts off with his very own fantasies about 1) a satanic ritual - it didn't hold water, so he changed it to a 2) sexual orgy gone wrong - didn't hold water either, so they settled for 3) a fight among room mates gone terribly out of hand - there is no indication for that either.

But by now, the cat was out of the bag and media swallowed it up wholesale. I myself was convinced in the beginning that what I read in the newspapers was true. Only after consulting proper, first hand sources I realised that the whole thing is an embarrassing sham to which the authorities are to afraid to admit to.

There are perfectly normal and logical explanations for Amanda's and Raf's behaviour, even for her false confession and implication of my friend Patrick Lumumba. They have been reconvicted the third time around only for the Italian authorities to save face, but my guess is, they will find a way to exonerate Raffaele (and duly so) and they will never demand for Amanda to be extradited. Why not? Because then, the American authorities would require every single little detail about the case and its investigation which would make them an international laughing stock of incompetence and sheer and embarrassing ignorance of the most basic criminal investigation techniques.

Now, this is in few words my take on it, and being immersed in Italian culture for over 12 years now I can firmly say, yes, this makes a lot of sense. Much more then whatever the prosecution has concocted in their minds. This website has all of this in minuscule detail. Of course you can find detailed websites putting forth the exact opposite. Then it is up to each individual to decide which one is more believable. I have no doubt in my mind, after about 7 years of looking into it.

://www.henrymakow.com/2014/02/Media%20Continue-to-Whitewash-Amanda-Knox.html

darlett wrote: »
    Its strange the mean confident comments by people who can only guess at her guilt. The comments on her dress and her supposedly old looks (meh she looks about 30 and I imagine ten years of this would give worry lines to many a face) are fairly thick.
    IF she's innocent then she's a hero. And there's not enough evidence that she's guilty so there perhaps but for the Grace of God go any of us.

In fairness people are entitled to make their own decision of how they feel. It is only human nature. I don;t find it strange at all that people can use their instincts and make a valid assumption and one that no amount of persuasion can change that.

I am utterly convinced she is guilty, As are, by every study done on this subject, roughly 75% of people. Court room doesn't allow human nature and instincts to empower their assessments in such trials, which for the most part is positive. But in a lot of these "technicality" cases, there are fine lines dictating as to whether they are found guilty or not guilty.

Initially she came out on the "wrong (for her)" side of said line yet on appeal, she came out on the "right" side.

There is a saying
    "The truth about a liar is that a liar can never remember his own lies".
    And that's why I'm sure Knox is guilty. She couldn't remember her own lies, so she made up new lies. That's what guilty people do. And the fact that she lied, flat-out lied, about her alibi is damning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It is all very contrived. Her reaction etc is all staged and practised. But to be fair, that doesn't necessarily mean she's lying or guilty.

I just know that if something like that happened to me and i genuinely was innocent, in a weird way i'd still feel guilty if i was in an interview or talking to people about it simply because i knew they thought i was guilty. Kind of like when walking though customs at an airport. I'm know i'm not carrying anything illegally but there's still slight nerves as if i've something to hide.

She's probably practised and rehearsed answers and reactions to make sure she's doing everything right. I'm not saying she's innocent, but it's not necessarily a sign of guilt .

Advertisement