Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ray Darcy. Live on de telly. 3/2/ 18

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Now can we move on and discuss the show rather than your inane preoccupation.

What would you like to discuss that hasn't been mentioned already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The poster said she is "still beautiful" despite looking "well over 30".

The poster said she was "still beautiful".

Still beautiful.

Still.

Beautiful.

The poster said she was "still beautiful".

Still beautiful.

Still.

Beautiful.

Indeed. There was no need to use the word "still".

The poster could have just stated "she is beautiful".

Indeed. There was no need to use the word "still".

The poster could have just stated "she is beautiful".

And it would have been the same: the poster saying she is beautiful.

And it would have been the same: the poster saying she is beautiful.

The poster stated "still beautiful" "but looks well older than 30".

There is nothing wrong with looking older than 30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Except people older than 30 are generally less attractive. Luckily Amanda is still attractive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

It's 24 hours later. I think you need to get over it tbh.

anna080 wrote: »
    It's 24 hours later. I think you need to get over it tbh.

The programme was on around 10pm and the interview was on around 11pm.

That's 22 hours ago.

Except people older than 30 are generally less attractive. Luckily Amanda is still attractive.

In your opinion.

• Advertisement

The poster obviously agrees since they said she is beautiful.

The poster obviously agrees since they said she is beautiful.

Why did the poster feel the need to comment that she looks well over 30?

If she is beautiful it doesn't matter what age she is.

Because the poster thought that she was beautiful and that she looked well over 30.

The latter doesn't have any impact on the former. Except to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Probably because most people remember her as the good looking early 20 year old girl. She’s back in the public eye, has obviously aged as people do. She’s had a hard 10 years and probably does look over 30 and still very attractive.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Probably because most people remember her as the good looking early 20 year old girl. She’s back in the public eye, has obviously aged as people do. She’s had a hard 10 years and probably does look over 30 and still very attractive.

The point is, if the poster thinks she is beautiful, then her age doesn't matter, therefore the comment about her looking over 30 is unnecessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

The point is, if the poster thinks she is beautiful, then her age doesn't matter, therefore the comment about her looking over 30 is unnecessary.

:D:D:D:D

You are a gift!

• Advertisement

:D:D:D:D

You are a gift!

You obviously have high enough opinions on yourself, to feel that you can pontificate on other people's attractiveness, on a message board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Christ you are a snowflake. People do get less attractive as they age.

Except 80 year old Chuck Norris

941afi_wQfaRO5juWWcGGQ.640~Chuck-Norris.jpg?t=LzB4NjM6NjQweDQyMi8zMDB4MTY5L3RvcC9zbWFydA%3D%3D&h=HwbuMOyRwQCkdMblhuwxTw&e=2145916800&v=3

Except 80 year old Chuck Norris

941afi_wQfaRO5juWWcGGQ.640~Chuck-Norris.jpg?t=LzB4NjM6NjQweDQyMi8zMDB4MTY5L3RvcC9zbWFydA%3D%3D&h=HwbuMOyRwQCkdMblhuwxTw&e=2145916800&v=3

"still beautiful" "but looks well over" 80.:)

You obviously have high enough opinions on yourself, to feel that you can pontificate on other people's attractiveness, on a message board.

Super opinions of myself, darling x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Jesus Horseburger, i don't know if you really are how you seem or if you're taking the proverbial, but i will explain this to you anyway for the craic

You literally asked for an explanation, so this is it.

Amanda Knox used to be about 20. Now she's 30. That's because ten years have passed. Now, to look at Amanda in observational purposes, she looks closer to 40

If Amanda Knox had not been caught up in the murder of Meredith Kercher, she may well have looked younger. Never underestimate how stress can have on physical features.

What TTB has observed there is that Amanda now looks older than 30, her actual age and it surprised him. IT'S NOT TO SAY HE'S MAKING FUN OF HER LOOKS OR THAT SHE LOOKS IN AN AWFUL STATE OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT BECAUSE SHE IS STILL BEAUTIFUL LOOKING AND ANYWAY IT DOESN'T MATTER ABOUT HER LOOKS but you can really see how much she's aged throughout this process.

Does that explain things now, Horseburger?

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    Jesus Horseburger, i don't know if you really are how you seem or if you're taking the proverbial, but i will explain this to you anyway for the craic

You literally asked for an explanation, so this is it.

Amanda Knox used to be about 20. Now she's 30. That's because ten years have passed. Now, to look at Amanda in observational purposes, she looks closer to 40

If Amanda Knox had not been caught up in the murder of Meredith Kercher, she may well have looked younger. Never underestimate how stress can have on physical features.

What TTB has observed there is that Amanda now looks older than 30, her actual age and it surprised him. IT'S NOT TO SAY HE'S MAKING FUN OF HER LOOKS OR THAT SHE LOOKS IN AN AWFUL STATE OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT BECAUSE SHE IS STILL BEAUTIFUL LOOKING AND ANYWAY IT DOESN'T MATTER ABOUT HER LOOKS but you can really see how much she's aged throughout this process.

Does that explain things now, Horseburger?

Thanks monkey9 for that civil and courteous intervention.

Wouldn't it have been more constructive and helpful, if the poster had shown more concern for her health and mental well being, than her physical attractiveness?

Here's another really useful, and delightful remark, from The Talking Bread:

"Christ she really is taking the f*cking pi$$ with that dress."

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106047160&postcount=214
    Christ she really is taking the f*cking pi$$ with that dress.

Might you respond, with another diplomatic interpretation, of what the poster was saying?

Go out and get some fresh air mate. I've more concerned for your mental well being at the minute than a murderer. (Yes I did say that....... ......I'm sure that comment will really get you going and I look forward to more nonsense! Derailing the thread with purpose with your paranoia and obsession

You are awake at Almost 3 in the morning and this sh*t is still being obsessed about

You are awake at Almost 3 in the morning and this sh*t is still being obsessed about

I rather suspect you are the one obsessing.

I just thanked the earlier poster for a civil and courteous response, and asked if this poster was going to provide another detailed interpretation of whatever it is you were really trying to say, when you made another really constructive observation, regarding Amanda Knox's appearance, on the show.

What should she have worn, that would not have merited your response: "Christ she really is taking the f*cking pi$$ with that dress."?

What items of clothing would have met with your approval?

What relevance, had what she was wearing, on the show, to the issue she was discussing?

Why did you feel the need to comment on her appearance?

Her appearance, and what she was wearing, had no relevance, to the issue she was discussing.

The poster, who was defending you, also posted at a similar time. Why haven't you accused them of being "awake at Almost 3 in the morning" and of engaging in a discussion where "this sh*t is still being obsessed about".

You described a discussion about your comments, as "this sh*t is still being obsessed about".

You stated this, in reference to a discussion, between me and another person, about what you had written. It sounds like you are conceding that you were talking "sh*t", and that your posts were, and are, "sh*t".

You described, what we were talking about, as "this sh*t".

We were talking about your comments. Therefore, it sounds like, you are describing, what you wrote, as "sh*t"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Mod note. Enough with crap in the last few posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

No, I do not think it's a negative to look over 30.

What I am suggesting is that if someone writes "but she looks well over 30", that they might very well think that looking over 30, is a negative.

The word "but" is important, because when that word is used, it is used to emphasise a negative.

For example 'Liverpool had most of the possession of the ball during the match, but they didn't capitalize on that, by scoring any goals'.

'The concert was good. You could see the band were enthusiastic, but the sound in the venue was poor".

Ah c'mon say anything you want on this thread, but leave Liverpool outta this!
    But, more like 'Spurs capitalized on the diving, by not scoring any goals'

What has happened to the Beautiful Game, Still it could be worse :rolleyes:

Anyway this thread has taken it's toll, as i'm not gonna roll with the troll ;)

Peace out!

c54650b7278f88a3eeaa7aa7d5fce4f7.jpg

[/I]Ah c'mon say anything you want on this thread, but leave Liverpool outta this!
    But, more like 'Spurs capitalized on the diving, by not scoring any goals'

What has happened to the Beautiful Game, Still it could be worse :rolleyes:

Anyway this thread has taken it's toll, as i'm not gonna roll with the troll ;)

Peace out!

c54650b7278f88a3eeaa7aa7d5fce4f7.jpg

Much better for you to read the fabulous contributions from other posters, like Sligojoek, who made a comment about Ray D'Arcy having a "creepy head".

Sligojoek commented during the show on Saturday night:

"The creepy head on Ray"

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106047094&postcount=196
    sligojoek wrote: »
    The creepy head on Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

That's all for this week... *end credits*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/amanda-knox-sings-proira-song-in-irish-tv-36566961.html

I dont know why British unionists think that this is something shameful, the actions of the IRA helped create the country. This is what happens when you give British unionists jobs as journalists.

RTE have every right to have republican songs played on tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ray D'Arcy's popular Thursday night chat show

Research is up on a par with Darcy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

"The creepy head on..."

51PKePdp2PL._SX300_.jpg

51PKePdp2PL._SX300_.jpg

I think this fella is a lot less bald than Ray D'Arcy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Dave mcsavage should be interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ouxbbkqtswdfaw

Dave mcsavage should be interesting

He should be, but Ray will soon sort that out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

He should be, but Ray will soon sort that out.

“so dave, tell me, what are your thoughts on jumbo porridge oats versus the normal ones?”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ouxbbkqtswdfaw

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

There's a live thread going here lads.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057840013

Advertisement