Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Radio

Options
  • 04-02-2018 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to buy a basic internet radio with a remote control? I'm tired of cranking up the laptop to listen to the radio. BTW, I did try to buy one but think that Roberts products are over-priced streaming devices.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Logo wrote: »
    Is it possible to buy a basic internet radio with a remote control? I'm tired of cranking up the laptop to listen to the radio. BTW, I did try to buy one but think that Roberts products are over-priced streaming devices.

You could get a perfectly adequate bluetooth speaker for little money and then stream from your phone - no remote control but you can carry your phone around with you so it is always to hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Logo

Thanks thebiglad. I would prefer to just have an independent streaming box without having to use a phone or other devise. Maybe I'm a technophobe but I've switched my phone off from t'internet because I was tired of constant updates, needless messages and endless charging. I'm just looking for a device similar to an android TV box - but for radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

bought aroberts 94i stream at Christmas, honestly not overpriced or over rated, class sound, uber reliable, last long

bought aroberts 94i stream at Christmas, honestly not overpriced or over rated, class sound, uber reliable, last long

bought aroberts 94i stream at Christmas last long
    Is that you Hardly Normal?

• Advertisement

no, i just checked layest boatd. ie, saw internet radio, replied, normal guy no afgiliation to any shoo etc, check my threads

no, i just checked latest board. ie, saw internet radio, replied, normal guy nothing to do with any shop etc, check my threads

Thanks corks finest for replying - honestly appreciated. Is your Roberts radio a manual or remote controlled? What did it cost and where did you buy?

Thanks corks finest for replying. Is your Roberts radio a manual or remote controlled?

both, remote supplied got it for e229, bluetooth is class, easy to set uo, and im 59, great for playing my music rom the phone

both, remote supplied got it for e229, bluetooth is class, easy to set uo, and im 59, great for playing my music rom the phone

Thanks for the reply corks finest. I will check it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

The 93i , with remote control but no Bluetooth, is €180 at Powercity.

Cerco wrote: »
    The 93i , with remote control but no Bluetooth, is €180 at Powercity.

need the bluetooth

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

I recently bought in Argos an acoustic solutions mini HiFi with WiFi and it's a brilliant internet radio,. Was reduced to 130 just after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Why not buy a Google Home or Alexa only about €40 and you just talk to it to ask it what to do.
    "hey Google play BBC radio 5 live" and it plays it, "Hey Google volume 3" and it sets the volume to level 3 etc.
    You can plug it into a mains plug anywhere in the house and it is connected wirelessly to your router.
    You can even buy bulbs for your rooms that can be controlled by asking google to switch on or off or dim
    https://www.google.ie/search?q=google+home&rlz=1C1GGGE_en-gbIE416IE666&oq=google+home&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l2j35i39j0l2.7303j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
    Shop around for cheaper prices
    It is better than an internet radio

https://www.google.ie/search?rlz=1C1GGGE_en-gbIE416IE666&ei=7H57Wu7kCMeagAbn_p-ACg&q=google+home+mini&oq=google+home+mini&gs_l=psy-ab.3..35i39k1j0i67k1j0j0i20i263k1j0l2j0i20i263k1j0l3.328274.329838.0.330378.5.5.0.0.0.0.51.223.5.5.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.5.223....0.Jy-EZOdBKMs

Please delete

Quality is far superior on internet radio together with a greater range of sources e.g. Spotify.. Op is also looking for Bluetooth connectivity, presumably to connect phone/tablet.
    Alexa/Google home only addresses the remote control requirement.
    The Roberts 94i seems to fit the bill but I don’t see any discounts yet.

Cerco wrote: »
    Quality is far superior on internet radio together with a greater range of sources e.g. Spotify.. Op is also looking for Bluetooth connectivity, presumably to connect phone/tablet.
    Alexa/Google home only addresses the remote control requirement.
    The Roberts 94i seems to fit the bill but I don’t see any discounts yet.
    Quality products don't discount early,94i is only out,so can't see it dropping in price until next model arrives

Advertisement