Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brief Recommendation - Qantas Founders Museum

Options
  • 04-02-2018 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

For anyone heading to Australia –

The War Department and I visited the Qantas Founders Museum in Longreach last month. The museum has a handful of retired jets including a 707 and a 747 (with a fifth engine pod), and you can do an extremely in depth tour that takes you all over both aircraft - including the cargo hold, the electronics bay, the cockpit, out onto the wing, and beyond. They're currently restoring a Super Constellation which should open later this year.

Highly recommended.

440608.jpg

440609.jpg

440610.jpg

440611.jpg

440612.jpg

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

The 707 was delivered to its final home in Australia via Dublin in December 2006.

8710027321_cff2b1b7b1_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Bloody hell you forget how gorgeous the boeing 707 looks in a colour scheme of the era..... fantastic

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Personally I cant believe you allowed her into the Captains seat.....We know she is the boss, just dont let her know!!! :)

Very cool being able to climb in, on and around an old aircraft like that,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I had the pleasure of flying the 707........ awesome fun

Advertisement