Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC open zone fault

Options
  • 04-02-2018 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi,

For the past few days I'm getting an open zone fault when setting my alarm - HKC SW1070. To set the alarm I've just omitted that zone.

I was planning to open the contacts and check continuity in and out. I did search but posters didn't have engineers code, which I do, so hoping there might be an easier way to identify the problem sensor before opening them.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

dec2000 wrote: »
    Hi,

For the past few days I'm getting an open zone fault when setting my alarm - HKC SW1070. To set the alarm I've just omitted that zone.

I was planning to open the contacts and check continuity in and out. I did search but posters didn't have engineers code, which I do, so hoping there might be an easier way to identify the problem sensor before opening them.

Thanks

It won't hurt you to open the sensor :)

First check all connections are in place, it's possible the one of the zone loops is broken due to loose connection. Is this a wireless or wired contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dec2000

Mr. G wrote: »
    It won't hurt you to open the sensor :)

First check all connections are in place, it's possible the one of the zone loops is broken due to loose connection. Is this a wireless or wired contact?

Ha, yeh I know but there are 6 Windows and they are sash, so two sensors on each. All wired sensors on this zone. Thought there might be a way to do a walk test by eliminating a sensor before opening them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

dec2000 wrote: »
    Ha, yeh I know but there are 6 Windows and they are sash, so two sensors on each. All wired sensors on this zone. Thought there might be a way to do a walk test by eliminating a sensor before opening them :)
    Put the zone into a walk test and go to the last opening in the loop open this remove the loop and test this contact on its own going back to the panel. If it signals this contact is good rewire it back into the loop and move to the next and repeat process until you find the cause. Prior to this check the magnets on all the contacts in case one was knocked or moved slightly and is not closing the circuit. If it is shock sensors you have installed then the process is the same.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you have a multimeter to measure the resistance of the zone you may find it without opening the sensors. Connect and measure the resistance and tap/open and close each device and see it anything changes. If it stays open all the time you will need to disconnect devices to find the faulty device.

Advertisement