Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experienced D&D group looking for new members (D14)

Options
  • 04-02-2018 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

We are a group of friends most of whom have been playing together for about 8+ years and all know each other for longer than that. However, we are looking for new players.
    I know walking into an established group is never ideal but we are a good bunch and very friendly :)

We play out of Dundrum and we meet every Friday (we take the odd week off but for the most part we meet every week), Meet from around 17:30 onward, start playing at 18:30 we play all night and average a finishing time of around 1-2 am but we have been known to play until 4 am before (very rare in fairness). Kind of hardcore I know so not for everyone but we have a blast.
    Our games are held in my Dad´s place, we have a large sitting room all to our selves, its quiet, warm and are never disturbed. As its Dundrum food is not an issue too and its central.

Games are D&D 5e with some home brewing, we don´t follow every rule to the letter. We play by the rules but we bend a few as we are more about story line than anything else.

So what are we looking for?
    Due to the groups average age you would need to be over 25 realistically, as the average age of the group is 30´s (the DM and myself are 40+)
    Rule lawyers as would not really work due to the home brewing I mentioned above, we are out for a laugh.
    We are looking for someone with experience (not your first game) as we are all playing level 13 Characters atm.
    A non-smoker would also be crucial in fairness, no one smokes so no smoke breaks as it would disrupt game flow.
    You would need to live local or have your own transport due to our finishing time.

We know its asking a lot and it wont suit everyone but it is a great group with great games and an exceptional DM so we want to make sure who ever joins us fits in and has a blast.

Let me know if you are interested and you can come along and see what you think

Cheers

Dara

Advertisement