Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fees question

• 04-02-2018 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

My divorce was granted 3 weeks ago exh didnt turn up. He has never engaged at all. The costs were awarded against him but i received a bill from my solicitor and barrister this week.
    Am i to pay them and persue him myself or do i ignore the bill and let it for him ???
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

I'm not an expert but I would suppose that if you engaged thier services the you must pay them.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fatscally

Hi.
    I read this from over here... https://www.lawsociety.ie/Solicitors/Practising/Practice-Notes/The-dos-and-donts-of-section-681/.WpLB0IjFLup
    Explain that the contract for legal services is between the solicitor and the client, and the client is always the person responsible for the payment of the costs. Explain that this means that, in litigation cases, where the client wins their case and is awarded costs, but the costs cannot be recovered from the other side – for instance, because they have no money – the client must pay the costs. The award of the costs does not relieve the client of the responsibility to pay their own solicitor. They will be liable for the full amount of the costs.

Advertisement