Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair infraction

Options
  • 04-02-2018 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Recieved a quite unfair infraction and associated PM.

Was browsing bargain alerts and seen a link.
    Clicked the link to see a hugely discounted drone.
    Reserved last one available local to me in a panic as deal seemed fantastic.
    Looked up reviews and seen the reviews are shocking on amazon.
    Canceled my reservation.
    Posted on the thread to highlight the poor reviews.

My comment was simply
    "Just reseved that drone.

Then seen 29% of reviews on amazon (U.S.) gave it one star.

Apparently terrible quality"

That was it!
    Never read back the thread to see any previous discussion.
    Was not aware of any discussion.
    Was not involved in any discussion.

Was not rude.
    Did not make any annoying or wind up statements.

Stated the poor reviews to assist other boards users.

Didnt recieve a warning on thread or anything.

I feel this is an over reaction and seems to be a bit of a misunderstanding.

Can I kindly request this infaction is reversed?

Regards
    Len

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Hello JustLen;

I'll review this DRP for you. Can you please forward me the PM chain with either your last reply or the last reply you received which ever is the later of the two and also confirm that you tried to resolve it directly with the Mod in question (Davy).

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have not tried to resolve with Davy as the PM I recieved directed me to this thread via a link.

Just following instruction I recieved.

Many thanks again
    Len

Davy
    Date: 04/02/2018 | 10:49
    Dear JustLen,

You have been infracted for ignoring a moderator's instructions.

Discussion can become heated, we don't object to that, but when a moderator issues a warning on a thread to reign things in, it stops a heated discussion from turning into a mess.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this infraction you can see details on how to do so here.

Davy

Moderator Note

3 posts above is a clear warning, and the title is clear.

Your post:Quote: JustLen
    Just reseved that drone.

Then seen 29% of reviews on amazon (U.S.) gave it one star.

Apparently terrible quality

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You can only appeal here once you have made an attempt to resolve your dispute via PM with the mod, so please contact them first

Thanks

I have replied to the PM.

Thanks Beasty

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Hello JustLen,

I saw Davy explained his reasoning yesterday for the yellow card; I only wish to confirm if you wish to proceed with disputing the card or not after the explanation.

• Advertisement

I do indeed if I may

JustLen wrote: »
    I do indeed if I may
    Of course; that is the whole point of the DRP to allow someone have cards and bans reviewed by someone else than the mod who issued it.

I'll try to have a conclusion for you by tomorrow evening; I don't think there's anything unclear at this time but I want to research the general forum practice and history a bit more to ensure I'm not missing anything important.

Hello JustLen,

I've finally finished the research and I'm ready to give me final view on the topic. Ignoring a mod post on thread is by definition more serious than simply ignoring a forum charter as a mod has gone out of their way to highlight a specific issue that need to stop. In this case the thread title had the same warning as well and claiming they are not seen is not a defence in the same way claiming that because they did not read the charter it's ok to break it.

Having said that you do not have a history of trolling or being a general pain for the larger mod team and I do believe you that you missed the warnings. Taking this in account I recommend to downgrade the card to a warning and caution you to be a bit more careful in the future and check thread names.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

No further response.

Marked as resolved.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement