Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One motor stopped working - nice MC424

Options
  • 04-02-2018 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi all,
    My lower leaf stopped working in the recent minus 4 weather, and although it came back for an afternoon, has since completely stopped.

So I have sourced a new motor but wanted advice on two things:

1. Should I check anything else such as capacitors etc. prior to buying the replacement motor.
    2. The upper leaf isn't auto closing. I assume it is waiting the for other leaf to stop and isn't getting the current signal from the failed motor. So wondered if I should disconnect that motor to save any other issues. So At least I can have one working gate with the failed one just disconnected.

Thanks for any advice.
    Jay

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Due to HSA recommendations from a few months ago, I would urge you to get a professional to this issue.

If you go working on your gates and if someone is ever injured from them then the buck will stop at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jaydev

kub wrote: »
    Due to HSA recommendations from a few months ago, I would urge you to get a professional to this issue.

If you go working on your gates and if someone is ever injured from them then the buck will stop at you.

Ok noted. But if I waited for an installer to be available I would still be waiting for the first motor to be replaced which I did 11 months ago. Ho hum. Maybe others will feel comfortable enough to advise.

Advertisement