Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triathlon Training Plan

Options
  • 04-02-2018 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭

good evening everyone

Im 36male and reasonably fit, training away swim bike and run these days

I can run the 5k in 25min these days, heart rate would be touching 170 after that. I was never a fast runner unfortunately and even thought Im 6ft tall 75kg weight to get that down to 22min would be a big ask.

Swimming 100m in about 2.10 these days as well, can do it in 1 35ish with flippers

And gymming and training 3-4days a week.

Hoping to do a few triathlons this year, anyone got a decent training plan which would suit me ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭TriFirst

aidanki wrote: »
    good evening everyone

Im 36male and reasonably fit, training away swim bike and run these days

I can run the 5k in 25min these days, heart rate would be touching 170 after that. I was never a fast runner unfortunately and even thought Im 6ft tall 75kg weight to get that down to 22min would be a big ask.

Swimming 100m in about 2.10 these days as well, can do it in 1 35ish with flippers

And gymming and training 3-4days a week.

Hoping to do a few triathlons this year, anyone got a decent training plan which would suit me ?

220 Triathlon magazine has buckets of free training plans for all levels on its website.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Milk_Tray

If you can afford a Tri coach I would recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Tibulus

I know some clubs have taken on head coaches who are now providing training plans to members for different distances. Find that the casual conversations I have with (expereinced and competent) club mates during and after club sessions were very benficial to my development over the past three years. Im with a cloach this year for the first time, but would receommend following a club programme for a year first.

Advertisement