Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on loan

• 04-02-2018 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Ive recently been turned down for a loan from my credit union for €4000 for urgent home repairs (new boiler ,floors etc) and bank also declined. Im very very stuck in situation and my only option seems to be a cash lender . Does anyone have any advice for me to get through to one as it needs urgently to be fixed with a kid living here ?
    Seems to be my only option at the minute and interest rates dont bother as ive steady income for years

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭perry stanley

They (CU +bank) for some reason don't see your ability to repay:confused:
    Since the crash they have some hoops for us all to jump through. Have you other committments that may appear to absorb any 'spare' income.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Johnnyfan666

They (CU +bank) for some reason don't see your ability to repay:confused:
    Since the crash they have some hoops for us all to jump through. Have you other committments that may appear to absorb any 'spare' income.

I seen a sign in my credit union 99% approvals made me laugh I've heard so many turned away lately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭perry stanley

They have soooo many boxes to tick in the applications. The slightest 'tilt' and it out, so I am led to believe. Have you been saving: (1) enough to raise the loan, (2) long enough at that branch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

What reason did they give for refusal and is there any thing you can do to fix it or can you provide a guarantor?

4K from Provident is going to cost you an awful lot of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭MaudL

Ive recently been turned down for a loan from my credit union for €4000 for urgent home repairs (new boiler ,floors etc) and bank also declined. Im very very stuck in situation and my only option seems to be a cash lender . Does anyone have any advice for me to get through to one as it needs urgently to be fixed with a kid living here ?
    Seems to be my only option at the minute and interest rates dont bother as ive steady income for years

Won't help for your floors but some of the boiler installers do credit, you'll have a good chance to get financing from them.
    I just did that research as I needed a new boiler too. I think we can't name names here so pm me and I'll tell you which ones did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

apply to www.icb.ie for a credit report at least you will see if your credit rating is impaired. If it's not you should ask both bank and CU reason why you were declined.

Advertisement