Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small business moving to VOIP, advice needed

Options
  • 04-02-2018 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

Any advice appreciated, small business with existing phone system failing (bad wiring I've been told) and costly, hoping to move to VOIP but its all new to me.

At present we have good broadband, one landline but due to increasing phone traffic in and out we're hoping to move to two lines.
    5 phones in total.
    Need a fairly basic system, but need for call recording/ call transferring etc
    Our calls out are almost exclusively reserved to irish mobiles, few landline calls and no uk/ foreign calls.
    Presume I would need new phones also.

Totally newbie to this and any advice appreciated. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Gmaximum

prunch wrote: »
    Hi,

Any advice appreciated, small business with existing phone system failing (bad wiring I've been told) and costly, hoping to move to VOIP but its all new to me.

At present we have good broadband, one landline but due to increasing phone traffic in and out we're hoping to move to two lines.
    5 phones in total.
    Need a fairly basic system, but need for call recording/ call transferring etc
    Our calls out are almost exclusively reserved to irish mobiles, few landline calls and no uk/ foreign calls.
    Presume I would need new phones also.

Totally newbie to this and any advice appreciated. thanks

What’s the call recording requirement? Is there a regulatory requirement or is it just for trAing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

SfB (Skype for Business) is what I use for all my clients which especially works well if you are an Office 365 user. You can record calls but it is not automatic.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

If you are looking to move to VoIP take a look at these providers to compare: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=250586

Have a look at goldfish.ie as they are the most common hosted PBX provider.

Advertisement