Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BDGP selection

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭emaherx

High bike wrote: »
    still waiting here and herd test in 2 weeks would be handy to get em before then

I need to get some cows out to grass at the weekend. Would be nice to get them before Saturday! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Count Mondego

You have to laugh at this. Bought a 4 star in calf heifer last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Seanhorse91

Jesus that'd be tough to take😩

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭50HX

rang there to ask for hair samples instead of tags

was told wait til the tags arrrive by post then phone for the hair sample kit

i assume contract with tag supplier but even so..what a waste of money:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

50HX wrote: »
    rang there to ask for hair samples instead of tags

was told wait til the tags arrrive by post then phone for the hair sample kit

i assume contract with tag supplier but even so..what a waste of money:mad:

I tried that last year and was told the same. Fierce waste of money. It is so much easier getting hair samples - just sneak up with pliers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

I know it's a pain when an animal drops but the initial reliability was pretty poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Count Mondego

I know it's a pain when an animal drops but the initial reliability was pretty poor.

14% to 19% isn't that much of an increase in reliability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

14% to 19% isn't that much of an increase in reliability.

I'm on about the time of purchase reliability. You couldn't trust the reliability of stars of any animal when it's only 14% reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

What was breeding .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

Anyone got genomic tags lately??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

tanko wrote: »
    Thursday, tagged friday and posting tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Got nothing yet, at this rate I’ll have some of them sold. Going to ring them tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

We will need a third ear soon if the genomic tags are made any larger. Got them last..tag next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭High bike

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    Got nothing yet, at this rate I’ll have some of them sold. Going to ring them tomorrow.
    Good luck with that Mac I rang two weeks ago and got a lovely lady who more or less told me to fook off and read the letter that was sent,anyway got the tags last thurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭annubis

tags are gone back a while and tested, I see online one heifer has failed her sire test, had a feeling she wasnt who she should be, what happens in this case? ai man must have given her wrong straw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

annubis wrote: »
    tags are gone back a while and tested, I see online one heifer has failed her sire test, had a feeling she wasnt who she should be, what happens in this case? ai man must have given her wrong straw
    Her sire will be changed and her genomic score will be calculated using the new sire to determine her stars.

It all depends on who the proper sire was. She may even improve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Happened here once that the sire changed . the mother was served with PIO and 6 weeks later repeated and was served with RHI. She calved 9 months after rhi serve so we put down rhi but the calf was changed to pio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭annubis

Happened here once that the sire changed . the mother was served with PIO and 6 weeks later repeated and was served with RHI. She calved 9 months after rhi serve so we put down rhi but the calf was changed to pio.
    bit weird at the moment, when i log into icbf the little indicator graph is showing at 99% with this girl showing as sire unknown, they havent updated her with another sire whether it will just take time or they just cant identify. she looks like an angus though, jet black so kinda interested to see what she is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Got the tags today. Of course I was reading the herd test yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,929 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Jusr deferred mine there till 2 April.

Is it too late to change them? :mad:

Edit - I changed them just there online. I think I did anyway.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

bit weird at the moment, when i log into icbf the little indicator graph is showing at 99% with this girl showing as sire unknown, they havent updated her with another sire whether it will just take time or they just cant identify. she looks like an angus though, jet black so kinda interested to see what she is

It might just take a bit of time or you'll be getting an incorrect parentage letter. It could be the case that a weanling might have beat you to it even though you AI'd her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Got the tags today and tagged this evening and post tomorrow.

Advertisement