Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Candidate-desperate need help

Options
  • 04-02-2018 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hey guys.So I am repeating applying as an external candidate since I am in a private school.I did HL english in 2017 and barely passed so I dont want to do it anymore this year but when I try to select my subjects choices they say I have to do English in order to do my EU language: Romanian . What do I do now, please I am desperate. The State Examinations Commission also provides examinations in a range of subjects in the
    language area referred to as the non-curricular EU languages. These are languages which do not
    appear as part of the normal school curriculum but in which students may opt to be examined if they
    meet the following criteria.
    Students must;
     be from a member state of the European Union
     speak the language in which they opt to be examined in as a mother tongue
     have followed a programme of study leading to the Leaving Certificate
     be taking Leaving Certificate English
    They won't let me move onto the next step until I have English in my subject choices but I already did it in 2017, is there any way I could do my own language without doing English?Please any repeat students help :( What if I put on the list English and I don't turn up?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Put it on the list.

If you don't show up, it won't appear on your results sheet.

Double check with someone in your school.

Advertisement