Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How do they know when you bring your car in?

Options
  • 04-02-2018 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭

Ever hear that question asked before?

I brought a car in over the weekend through Rosslare and I made a conscious note of the trip from the boat, through the customs area and out onto the road.

1. 2 cctv cameras on the boat
    2. a man in a hi viz checking your car as you drove off the boat
    3. where the area splits into 3 lanes there were 6 cctv cameras
    4. you may or may not be stopped 'for a chat' at this point
    5. when you drive through the covered in area there are a further 4 cctv cameras
    I was stopped by a cop for a chat. He said he liked the car, said he it was lovely. I thanked him and he waved me on to the next guy who waved me through.

When I got home I checked the footage from my dash cam which shows the chatty cop speaking into a radio as he walked over to me. I didn't see that as I was looking elsewhere. The dashcam also shows a woman in a hiviz quickly appearing with a clipboard, looking at the car and then walking away all whilst I was chatting .......

Ah sure it'll be grand. I'll stash it till its 30 and then VRT it. They'll never know when I brought it in!!

Que loads of replies of how people got theirs in and got away with it!

Comments

Advertisement