Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pattern Imprinted Concrete - Any recommendations in Louth/Meath?

Options
  • 04-02-2018 11:49pm

Howdy do folks.

Anyone know if there's a reputable supplier/installer of imprinted concrete around the place?

Looking to get the back garden done in it, about 40 sq/meters if my measurements are correct, but having difficulty finding someone to do it.

Cheers. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Very hard to get the right type of concrete here for it I know Lafarge do a special mix in UK for it. After the low temperatures of 2010/11 this type of surface seems to have disappeared. There was a few companies doing it before 2010 but dont know of anyone doing it now.

macadam wrote: »
    Very hard to get the right type of concrete here for it I know Lafarge do a special mix in UK for it. After the low temperatures of 2010/11 this type of surface seems to have disappeared. There was a few companies doing it before 2010 but dont know of anyone doing it now.

Genuine curiousity, what would the cold temperatures have to do with it? I figured concrete would be grand, regardless?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Genuine curiousity, what would the cold temperatures have to do with it? I figured concrete would be grand, regardless?

The dye all came away from the the top of it in clumps approx 3-4mm in depth, it was as if it just burst off or exploded, pieces the size of your hand. We may never see temps like it again.
    I spoke with a company in the uk and the guy I spoke with said he wouldnt attempt to lay an imprinted driveway here as they wont supply the required concrete.. !!

Advertisement