Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who else is excited about getting fibre?

Options
  • 04-02-2018 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭

After many years trudging along on about 1mbps broadband, I'm scheduled to receive a fibre connection within the first half of 2018.

Anybody else waiting?

Even better, anybody else get their upgrade?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,628 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

DrPhilG wrote: »
    After many years trudging along on about 1mbps broadband, I'm scheduled to receive a fibre connection within the first half of 2018.

Anybody else waiting?

Even better, anybody else get their upgrade?

I can't wait to get mine.

In 2025.

Envious of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Having gone from 3 to 240 a few years back - you go a bit nuts for the first while, then you end up finding anything slower than what you have intolerable. Enjoy a future of finding cafe/hotel wifi unusabley slow!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Only just making it too.

The map shows the line ending outside my house. I think I'll be the last one in the row to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,385 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

The fibre ended 200yards from my house so won't be seeing any improvement any time soon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Hope it's better than mine. Worked fine for the first 6 months after that up and down but mostly poor. If you ring them you will find it gets better for a wee while again but you soon get tired of ringing.

• Advertisement

Hope it's better than mine. Worked fine for the first 6 months after that up and down but mostly poor. If you ring them you will find it gets better for a wee while again but you soon get tired of ringing.

Who is that with?

Eir broadband

Eir broadband

Can I ask your location?
    Pm me if you don't want to post it publicly.

Pm sent

Advertisement