Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPC connection offline, online status fault

Options
  • 05-02-2018 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

I'm with Virgin, but I wanted to use my own router, so I put the Virgin router into modem mode, connected my Netgear R7000 router, started to connect all devices to the net through Netgear router, but I can't access the alarm in the SPC connect app.

I've had a similar issue in the past, with the panel being offline, but I can't remember what I did to fix it.

I downloaded the SPC Pro software, but it won't log me in, I can log in through the browser at the spc Web site, but I'm not sure what to do there.

I've tired different ports on the router, I tried re-syncing the extenders, both have the 3 green lights, no change.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What version of software are you using.
    I'd recommend upgrading to 3.8.5 available here
    https://www.spcsupportinfo.com/SPCConnectPro/
    Have you set up the IP addressing as dynamic or fixed?
    Is the panel accessible on the local network?
    What settings are showing up for
    Ip Address
    Gateway & DNS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

KoolKid wrote: »
    What version of software are you using.
    I'd recommend upgrading to 3.8.5 available here
    https://www.spcsupportinfo.com/SPCConnectPro/
    Have you set up the IP addressing as dynamic or fixed?
    Is the panel accessible on the local network?
    What settings are showing up for
    Ip Address
    Gateway & DNS?

I `ve not used the SPC Connect Pro before, I only downloaded it today to see if I could sort the problem out, but my log-in details were`nt working, so mainly I`ve just been using the Android app for general use.

IP addressing is dynamic I think.

The panel was accessible from the app and www.spcconnect.com, until I moved to the other router.

Can`t answer the last two questions, cause I`ve never used the SPC Connect Pro software.

Any idea why it`s not recognising my account details?
    I can log in on www.spcconnect.com, but there`s not much that I can do there to help.

Edit: Just within the last 2 minutes ATS is up..I did nothing...?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you log into engineer on the keypad , goto Communications, Ethernet & see whats there for IP address, Gateway & DNS?

Also try goto Utilities, Reset & Restart Panel .

If you log into engineer on the keypad , goto Communications, Ethernet & see whats there for IP address, Gateway & DNS?

Also try goto Utilities, Reset & Restart Panel .

I don`t know my engineer code, tried the default one, denied..

Any idea why I can`t log into the SPC Connect Pro software?

You are going to need engineer access to use SPC Pro

• Advertisement

You are going to need engineer access to use SPC Pro

How do I go about getting that?

You would need the engineer code from the panel first. We are not allowed help you here with engineer codes. You could request it from your installer.

You would need the engineer code from the panel first. We are not allowed help you here with engineer codes. You could request it from your installer.

Ok, I'd like the engineers code please, lol.

You would need to contact them directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

lewis wrote: »
    Ok, I'd like the engineers code please, lol.

:D

Just be careful as it could void your warranty (if it has one) if they give up the code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭fergalom

I'll bite, why would it void your warranty with Vanderbilt if the end user had the engineers code?

:D

Just be careful as it could void your warranty (if it has one) if they give up the code.

If it's something that's needed to sort it, if it happens again, I don't see why it would void it.

Beats me paying for a call out fee..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

fergalom wrote: »
    I'll bite, why would it void your warranty with Vanderbilt if the end user had the engineers code?

Your warranty is not with Vanderbilt but it's with your installer. There is no way I'm taking responsibility for a system that the user has been messy around with. Look at it like a seal on a device that states "warranty void if removed".

I've not messed with it.

Edit:
    I had a Virgin dude out today he replaced my hub and now the alarm is working fine and online.

I`m looking for the IP/MAC address of the alarm, so I can ID it on my network, do I need the engineers code for that?

Advertisement