Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airpark Square New Homes Query - Rathfarnham

Options
  • 05-02-2018 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hello,
    We are planning to buy 4 bed (500K) in Airpark Square and need expert suggestions from locals. We have been there few times and house is well within estate, so good there, but 
    Halting site - today we actually went inside the site, few lads were chatting and then started watching us, we left immediately. There is so little info on this, some say no issues and here in this post some said to avoid altogether, very confusing. Though it is not very near to Airpark square, i would say it is not that far too. After the M50 pedestrian bridge probably 5-10 mins away. We chatted to people recently moved in Airpark and few Irish walkers/runners of all age groups, nobody seem to have any concerns or heard any troubles from the halting sites. We saw garbage dumped near the halting site but not visible from Airpark. We also visited Garda station to understand more, but the officer didn't say anything concert with mixed reviews. After repeatedly asking, he said few complains in a year like car break in, bunch of lads hanging on streets, etc, honestly not helpful. With house prices going up each day, especially south dublin, we are serious about this place. will there be resale value if we decide to go ahead ?
    Apart from house near M50, bus been the only commute and no local amenities, halting site is bothering us very much now. We want to feel safe in the area at all times, fair ask with such huge investment
    Also on SDCC website, doesn't say anything about building new houses / caravans in the future. Read somewhere that there will be 120 council houses/apartments to be build near airpark in coming years, not sure how true is it
    Lastly, we did all we could in our reach, visited the venue multiple times to feel it, spoke to lot of people, visited Garda, but still cant make up our mind.
    Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Fair play going into the halting site, most people wouldn't :D

In terms of Airpark and Scholarstown wood, the halting site will be of less concern because you have the M50 between you. Halting sites often have "overspill" into adjacent areas of illegal dumping, stray animals and feral children, but with the M50 in the way that won't be issue for you.

There is a county council proposal to put social housing in between the roundabout at Stocking Lane and the halting site (called "Stocking Hill"). If this happens, you can be pretty sure that within a few years it'll be pretty shabby and noisy. It's not the kind of place they're going to put the "best" social housing applicants.

But again, you'll still have the M50 separating you.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

Thanks Seamus for your reply, we opted out, better late than never, wasn't aware of "Stocking Hill" developments, so in the end decision stands corrected. 
    [font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]One more point useful for some - we visited Airpark numerous times in car / walk, etc. Wouldn't 100% agree that M50 completely separates Airpark and Halting site, technically it does, but the pedestrian bridge is not that long and there is an immediate entrance (closed for now) where the bridge ends. We walked there too and at the end of the road there is an house (Green acres or something) and backside of halting site. Agree the entrance is closed and nobody probably used it for years, but still a possibility and makes it closer to Airpark. I don't mean to dishearten anyone buying there, but listing my research work, thanks [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I understand where you're coming from with rising prices but I wouldn't panic into buying in an area you're not sure about.

Online the houses look extremely narrow.

I wouldn't be mad on the area - don't kid yourself, it's not really rathfarnham you're literally miles away.

For the same money you could buy smaller property in better location, maybe do it up over time?

For me - location, location, location.

couldn't agree more, online videos provide different picture altogether, what do you think about houses in Scholarstownwood, I am aware there is different forum, but asked anyways, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

couldn't agree more, online videos provide different picture altogether, what do you think about houses in Scholarstownwood, I am aware there is different forum, but asked anyways, thanks

You'll get more responses about that development from a their own thread, just a heads up!

• Advertisement

yup, posted there too 2 days ago, awaiting reply :)

yup, posted there too 2 days ago, awaiting reply :)

Did you ask a question in that post - lol!

yup. double checked, last line is the question :):)

yup. double checked, last line is the question :):)

I missed that - other people might have as well - good luck!

ok, point taken, was unable to find edit, hence re-posted with proper spacing and highlight, hope to receive some reply now :), thanks

• Advertisement

ok, point taken, was unable to find edit, hence re-posted with proper spacing and highlight, hope to receive some reply now :), thanks

In this thread you asked peoples opinions on the houses in Scholarstownwood, but you are asking quite specifically about timberframe builds in that thread.

both are closely related i would say, wasn't planning to ask in this thread but discussion took that turn, hence asked

very specific question in that thread as SW houses are timber frame constructions with brick cladding.

BTW, I have mentioned the type of house in my thread :)

both are closely related i would say, wasn't planning to ask in this thread but discussion took that turn, hence asked

very specific question in that thread as SW houses are timber frame constructions with brick cladding.

BTW, I have mentioned the type of house in my thread :)

There is more then one mid terrace house type - lol

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dubgal18

Hi there, is there any further information available in regards to the proposed social housing developmet at stocking hill? Thanks

Advertisement