Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled Eir account due to Contract change, paid up in full and now receiving lette

Options
  • 05-02-2018 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

We received our Eir contract change notification last year and cancelled our Eir Services with effect from the 31st of October.  We gave the required notice and paid the final bill in full in November

Since then we have received a number of automated txt messages saying that usage is abnormally high this month and that our services are being turned off and also saying we owe money.  We do not owe any money to the best of my knowledge

The latest development is that we have received a letter from a debt collector saying we owe Eir €205.  Given our package was around €100 per month and we paid in full when wrapping up the account I have no idea what this is for.  Can somebody from Eir please take a look, I tried phoning 1901 and entering our account number but cannot get past the first prompt because it says our account no longer exists.  

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

We received our Eir contract change notification last year and cancelled our Eir Services with effect from the 31st of October.  We gave the required notice and paid the final bill in full in November

Since then we have received a number of automated txt messages saying that usage is abnormally high this month and that our services are being turned off and also saying we owe money.  We do not owe any money to the best of my knowledge

The latest development is that we have received a letter from a debt collector saying we owe Eir €205.  Given our package was around €100 per month and we paid in full when wrapping up the account I have no idea what this is for.  Can somebody from Eir please take a look, I tried phoning 1901 and entering our account number but cannot get past the first prompt because it says our account no longer exists.  
    Hi narayananthony,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 23 narayananthony

Hi narayananthony,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas
    Thomas,

Thanks for the fast response, sent you a PM.

Regards,

Anthony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi narayananthony,

Thanks 

Thomas
    Thomas,

Thanks for the fast response, sent you a PM.

Regards,

Anthony
    No problem, I have replied to your PM.

Thanks 

Thomas

Advertisement