Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go or not :/

Options
  • 05-02-2018 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,
    I am new and I dont know where to post this. Ill try and maybe if someone can let me know I will copy and paste this.
    So, I am 30 years old and I am stuck in a rut. I am constantly being asked to go move or travel, but by the time I save I will be 31! The people asking me are much younger than me so I really feel too old. I am single work full time and study nutrition. I have no boyfriend no babies etc,.. Has anyone my age any advice on if I should just go at 31 or I am past it now. Or any advice on where, unfortunately I tried Canada so I wont be allowed try again and I am not too pushed on Oz.
    Thank you .

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi rchyxx, welcome to Boards. I've moved your thread over to Personal Issues where people should be able to help you talk through your dilemma.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭cailin.

hi OP,

How old are the people with whom you have the opportunity to go travelling with? I don't get from your post about your own desires, regardless of your age and being single, do you want to leave your study/job to travel? Could you save, and take unpaid time off and come back to your job to have security?

Perhaps you can look into a group travel trip, you go for 4-8 weeks depending and meet people from all walks of life. A lot of people are solo travellers/ different ages.
    Btw, 31 is not at all old and you are certainly not past it. If you can save properly and commit then I say go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Travel for what purpose?

Just to see the sights, tell people about the exotic locations you stayed at?

Or to broaden your own personal horizons - add perspective to your life and understanding of cultures etc - all that good stuff?

My opinion - having been where you are?

30 is probably a little old to go on a tourist visa, working part time student based jobs, boozing and being irresponsible etc.

But if you want to truly accomplish something via a move to a specific location, or across a range of locations - you're never too old for that; even if that something is to help you find out, what it is in fact you actually want to accomplish - somewhat paradoxically I guess.

Where to go?
    Depends on what your interests are and what you want to get out of it.
    Difficult to help you answer that cause, obviously - alls we know is what you put into the 5 line post.

I found personally I bonded with forward thinking, diverse and progressive cultures/cities, the most; many of the values of which were really set in heavy contrast to the country'esque way of life/thinking, that I grew up in.
    That being said - I wasn't big on New York at all; city that never sleeps - pfff. More like, the city that never LETS you sleep.

Advertisement