Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Athenry train station

Options
  • 05-02-2018 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭

Hi, is there parking at Athenry train station? If yes, is it safe to leave a car there for a few nights?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Yes there is parking and I don't know how safe it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

To my knowledge no car has been stolen from there, nor broken into.

But there is always a first..

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

biko wrote: »
    To my knowledge no car has been stolen from there, nor broken into.

But there is always a first..
    Let's hope I don't buck that trend!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I know of a guy who had his relatively new car heavily vandalised there last September. I personally wouldn’t leave mine there overnight.

JoeA3 wrote: »
    I know of a guy who had his relatively new car heavily vandalised there last September. I personally wouldn’t leave mine there overnight.

Thanks...is there anywhere safe nearby I could park it instead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Thanks...is there anywhere safe nearby I could park it instead?

I don’t to be honest. Is getting a cab to/from the station not an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Ard Aoibheann estate is right beside the station. I have parked there overnight on 2 occasions with no problems ( although make sure not to inconvenience residents by where you park)

dok_golf wrote: »
    Ard Aoibheann estate is right beside the station. I have parked there overnight on 2 occasions with no problems ( although make sure not to inconvenience residents by where you park)

Great, thank you very much

• Registered Users Posts: 45 heinze

You could use the designated train parking across the road from the station road ( left at the railway gates) , there are security cameras in place and Ive never heard of any issues there.

Parking in ard aoibhinn has caused a lot of issues for the residents especially with Gaelscoil parents doing the same thing, and the council have had to double yellow line a lot of the place to prevent cars being abandoned across driveways etc

Advertisement