Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen company recommendations please

Options
  • 05-02-2018 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Getting a new kitchen soon and have been to a few companies. I'm looking for recommendations, experiences etc. please? Are there any companies further afield than Galway that people have used? 
    Thanks,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Rossie11

Pat Regan in Ballybane.
    Got him to do kitchen units, island and bedroom wardrobes recently. Excellent quality, price and was very helpful is laying out different options and styles.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Eireann81

Kreation Kitchens in Athenry

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

+1 for Kreation. Dealt with them a few years ago, great quality kitchen, 4 years later it’s as good as the day it went in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Joe Golden (Moycullen Woodworks) installed our kitchen recently. Great to deal with and the fit and finish of the kitchen is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Lucyspell

William Joyce Moycullen did a really lovely job on our kitchen, all non standard measurements and awkward corners.
    He helped with the planning and the kitchen works so well for us. He is an excellent carpenter and very nice to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Alex_P

Be careful with <snip>

He is a kitchen supplier of choice for builders around town, if you are buying a new build house you're likely to be stuck with him as I was twice. He demands full payment upfront before any work is done and if anything goes wrong or you don't like something or complain, he will suddenly become really thick and go defensive.

Speaking of quality - if he is doing your kitchen and it is a laminated chipboard worktops you're getting - he (or whoever his assembly guys are) tend to chip out on sealant around the sink, cooker and on the back of the worktops. In my case they did not use sealant when installing the sink - none at all! Naturally the chipboard started bulging around the sink in less then a week. When I got back to him asking to fix it he, himself, told me "you're not supposed to have water there on the worktop" and ultimately refused to do anything about it!

There were other things I discovered over time with the way things are assembled, nothing too bad and mostly in the places where no one can see it, but it just shows the attitude of the assembly guys towards the job they do.

On the plus side - they have a wide variety of materials, fittings etc., are accommodating on designs and the parts that the manufacture or order are generally very good quality.

The problems are with the quality of assembly and much more so with the attitude.

So if you have to use <snip>, do not pay all money upfront, check everything before accepting the results and make sure its all done to your satisfaction before handing on the money.

Mod - name removed (no anti recommendations as per charter). PM this user if you want the name

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

Eireann81 wrote: »
    Kreation Kitchens in Athenry

Brilliant...used them 2 years ago and nothing but a pleasure to deal with....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Finlay Kitchens (Tuam Rd opposite Colm Quinn BMW) did our kitchen one year ago, very happy with the service from start to finish and no issues with anything so far. Price was competitive compared with anywhere else we got a quote.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement