Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul Simon RDS 13th July 2018

Options
  • 05-02-2018 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭

Paul Simon has just announced he will bring his Homeward Bound The Farewell Tour to RDS, Dublin on Friday 13th July 2018 with very special guests James Taylor & his all-star band and Bonnie Raitt.

Tickets go on sale Monday 12th February at 9am!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

Brilliant. Definitely going to that. What do people reckon tickets will cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Whatever the Ticketmaster algorithms will get away with. Then whatever the Seatwave algorithms will get away with. Then it’s down to the touts*.

*The traditional ones. As opposed to the two mentioned above.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id say tickets wont be cheap but at least you get decent support. Will try get tickets after i get paid at the end of the month

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Id say tickets wont be cheap but at least you get decent support. Will try get tickets after i get paid at the end of the month

might try closer to the date

depending on other gigs too if they are to be announced

not too pushed tbh

ATM have gigs in May (Tears for fears) and June (Pearl Jam, Foo Fighers and Billy Joel all in a 7 day period) only and then a gap til u2 in Nov

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭MoonshineMonty

How much are the tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Came here for the same question, none of the articles seem to mention the ticket price. James Taylor has been on my bucket list for years and Mrs Sleepy is a big Paul Simon fan so really want to get tickets for this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I'd be hugely shocked if we have any change from €100 to be honest. €89.50 is around the norm for these gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Tickets for standing in Manchester are about 80 euro all in. Seats up to €115 ish

• Registered Users Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I saw him in the Three Arena last year and he was brilliant.

I'm not sure about seeing him in the RDS as the sound is so bad. A rock band like Springsteen can get away with venues like this but for Paul Simon you really need clarity for such a wonderful voice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I saw him in the Three Arena last year and he was brilliant.

I'm not sure about seeing him in the RDS as the sound is so bad. A rock band like Springsteen can get away with venues like this but for Paul Simon you really need clarity for such a wonderful voice

I saw simon and garfunkel there YEARS ago, and the sound was perfect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

EyesClosed wrote:

The sound of silence!
    I would love to have seen them preform

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

EyesClosed wrote: »

Was at that show as well, it was brilliant, great sound, no issues at all. The Everly Brothers, who played support were excellent as well....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

EyesClosed wrote: »

Was that the 1982 gig? I was there following the Central Park concert in 1981 which I was also at.

That far back and being much younger then I cannot remember much about the sound. Central Park was great, I (unfortunately:)) missed my flight back from JFK the previous weekend and got to go. It was one of the most memorable gigs of my life.

Really enjoyed the Vicar Street gig in 2011, fantastic venue for the band.

I wont be in the RDS for the gig as I will be on a plane to....London. I didnt want to take a chance of no Dublin gig so got a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

dixiefly wrote: »
    Was that the 1982 gig? I was there following the Central Park concert in 1981 which I was also at.

That far back and being much younger then I cannot remember much about the sound. Central Park was great, I (unfortunately:)) missed my flight back from JFK the previous weekend and got to go. It was one of the most memorable gigs of my life.

Really enjoyed the Vicar Street gig in 2011, fantastic venue for the band.

I wont be in the RDS for the gig as I will be on a plane to....London. I didnt want to take a chance of no Dublin gig so got a ticket.

No I was not born in 82. The gig I was at was 2004. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Will there be seated tickets for this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

threein99 wrote: »
    Will there be seated tickets for this ?

In the stands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

hynesie08 wrote: »
    In the stands.

Are they covered then? Can't find the gig on the TM website for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

threein99 wrote: »
    Are they covered then? Can't find the gig on the TM website for some reason

Theres 3 stands in the RDS Arena

The Grandstand which is covered, The North stand which is open and then the Angelisa stand which is covered and is the most modern stand in the place

TBH the place is run down and is a bit of hole but is precious among the showjumping community and Leinster Rugby supporters. Its due to be renovated in 2019 afaik

Angelisa Stand
    27540173_10155502246934372_1877675364878009734_n.jpg?oh=e75317d41664f22aa4c8229925dd93e0&oe=5ADE6360

North Stand
    27655244_10155502246929372_52062106059226083_n.jpg?oh=7d2500e96b01f454e6d6b8be458f0ecf&oe=5B12DC1C

Stage Side (stage will be where the goal is)
    27654819_10155502255999372_7915153875666724820_n.jpg?oh=b0333ff20d56851f0ea8ef392786bdde&oe=5B0E3CFA

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ferry.Man

just wondering what the set up will be? is it the typical: stage on the pitch with seats/standing in front also on the pitch and then the 3 stands?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

Brilliant. Definitely going to that. What do people reckon tickets will cost?

Looks like EUR100 to EUR166 on ticketmaster, plus usual fees. Assume EUR100 to stand & up to EUR166 to sit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Fortyjocks wrote: »
    Looks like EUR100 to EUR166 on ticketmaster, plus usual fees. Assume EUR100 to stand & up to EUR166 to sit!

£60-90 for his indoor gig in Manchester Arena
    £65-£75 for his indoor gig in Glasgow Hydro

100-166 euro for the RDS ,a dump of a venue.
    Extortion

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

In fairness, the show starts at 4pm and will - one imagines - include pretty lengthy sets from Bonnie Raitt and James Taylor - each of whom a lot of folks here (myself included) would pay E50 or more to see.

If I get seats down the front where the sound should be OK, I'll happily pay the full rate. Not so much so if I get tickets at the arse end of the side stands where I would imagine the audio will suck logs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭MoonshineMonty

Does the seating map look weird to anyone else? Seats in front of stage, standing behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Does the seating map look weird to anyone else? Seats in front of stage, standing behind.

Paul McCartney had the same set up when he played there last. From where I was standing I couldn't see the seats in front of the stage so it didn't bother me.

The RDS is a shocking venue and will most certainly take away from this great concert! I'd be much more interested in flying to Glasgow and catching him in the Hydro. Probably work out the same price too. Are James Taylor and Bonnie Rait supporting on every date?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

Paul McCartney had the same set up when he played there last. From where I was standing I couldn't see the seats in front of the stage so it didn't bother me.

The RDS is a shocking venue and will most certainly take away from this great concert! I'd be much more interested in flying to Glasgow and catching him in the Hydro. Probably work out the same price too. Are James Taylor and Bonnie Rait supporting on every date?

As far as I know that support is just for Hyde Park and RDS concerts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Yes, just the two gigs. I would also pay to see Bonnie (whom I saw before in the old Point) and James.

I had jumped the gun and bought a Gold Circle ticket for Hyde Park at 140stg. Just myself and I know a few hoping to go to RDS. So, a possibly better venue is more than balanced out by other additional costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

yeah, Talyor is playing on his own in other places in the UK, and in Glasgow has Bonnie as his support

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/search?q=james+taylor

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Anybody get tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

I sure did! Pretty painless in the end, I thought.
    How did you get on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Got mine in the seated area diwn the front. Only problem was there was no event insurance option and when I checked with Alianz about five minutes later, they said the insurance had to be bought with the tickets. Bit hard when there is no link to do so...

Advertisement