Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul Simon RDS 13th July 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

I sure did! Pretty painless in the end, I thought.
    How did you get on?

Yep!
    Two for the pitch!!
    :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

hkjohn wrote: »
    Got mine in the seated area diwn the front. Only problem was there was no event insurance option and when I checked with Alianz about five minutes later, they said the insurance had to be bought with the tickets. Bit hard when there is no link to do so...
    You would have no problem getting rid of those on toutless if you cannot go.

I think the pricing was quite strange, the flat seated should have been most expensive IMO, there are none of them left. Yet there are decent enough stand ones left, block H & block J row E, but they are also 166.

17614s.gif

up on seatwave already, flat seated asking for the most as expected.
    https://www.seatwave.ie/paul-simon-tickets/rds-arena-tickets/13-july-2018/perf/1133687

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

rubadub wrote: »
    https://www.seatwave.ie/paul-simon-tickets/rds-arena-tickets/13-july-2018/perf/1133687

30wuv5j.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The Nal wrote: »
    30wuv5j.jpg

Thats probably Noel Rocks listing is it ?

166 euro for most of the seated tickets ,what a laugh ,they will be lucky to sell half the tickets .

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Zardoz wrote: »
    Thats probably Noel Rocks listing is it ?

166 euro for most of the seated tickets ,what a laugh ,they will be lucky to sell half the tickets .

I love the way the legalised theft that promoters bare-faced refer to as a "booking fee" costs more than one of the original E166 per head tickets...

• Advertisement

I love the way the legalised theft that promoters bare-faced refer to as a "booking fee" costs more than one of the original E166 per head tickets...

Just testing it there, putting up 2 tickets for 600

Your Price (x2)€1200.00
    Success Fee- €120.00
    VAT- €24.00
    You'll Receive€1056.00

So thats another €144

So that in addition to the €217.98 is €361.98 or €180.99 per ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Just testing it there, putting up 2 tickets for 600

Your Price (x2)€1200.00
    Success Fee- €120.00
    VAT- €24.00
    You'll Receive€1056.00

So thats another €144

So that in addition to the €217.98 is €361.98 or €180.99 per ticket

Oh so they take money from the seller aswell?! :(

The Nal wrote: »
    Oh so they take money from the seller aswell?! :(
    yep, then they nip around to their own granny and rob her too!

In some old thread I highlighted the pricing for some gig, I think it was a pixies gig and tickets were about €65. I showed the fees if the seller just wanted to sell their tickets and make abosolutely no profit.

So because of the seller fees they would have to put them up for sale at a very high price, then the buyer got fleeced completely.

The €1417.98 fee in the screen grab is not the final price either they have a €4.95 "e ticket handling fee" on top of that, I'm not messing.

If they were paper tickets I think it is €12.99 for "delivery and handling fee"

Just doing the same again.

If I bought 1 paper ticket online it would have been 166+6.85=172.85

To sell this and not make a loss my asking price must be €196.42

Your Price (x1)€196.42
    Success Fee- €19.65
    VAT- €3.92
    You'll Receive€172.85

So the buyer sees €196.42

The booking fee does not appear to be an exact %, it is over 18% on all the ones I check but gets rounded. I can see a ticket for 196.49 has a fee of €36.99 as does a ticket at €194.98, so I will go with that

So €196.42
    + booking fee of €36.99
    + shipping & handling fee of €12.99
    Total €246.40 and the seller makes nothing, so €73.55 above what was paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Surprised to see his age, that was the reason for a farewell tour. He is older than Paul McCartney, will be 77 in October. It seems quite a tough tour schedule for someone that age. Am I wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    Surprised to see his age, that was the reason for a farewell tour. He is older than Paul McCartney, will be 77 in October. It seems quite a tough tour schedule for someone that age. Am I wrong?

look at the rolling stones sure

All there in there 70s and still going strong and planning on another tour

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

PTH2009 wrote: »
    look at the rolling stones sure

All there in there 70s and still going strong and planning on another tour

Still going sure, but I wouldn't say strong from what I heard of the zip code tour. They've been on a steady decline since the 50 and counting tour. Not surprising considering their age, they owe us absolutely nothing more and will always be the quintessential rock and roll band!

Paul Simon on the other hand is in fine form. I guess his music and performance was never as tough and physical as the Stones.

I'll be sitting this one out as I reckon it'll never reach the heights it should because of the lousy venue! I seen Paul Simon last time in the 3arena and he was absolutely brilliant! Very sad to hear of the passing of his guitar player, Vincent Nguini, the man was an absolute wizard!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Badger the witness

Hi, Can anyone tell me where these seats are? It says seated in front of stage but where exactly?!

Sec FLAT, Row XX
    Full Price Ticket
    €166.00 ea
    Sec FLAT, Row BBB
    Full Price Ticket
    €166.00 ea
    Sec FLAT, Row CCC
    Full Price Ticket
    €166.00 ea
    Sec FLAT, Row AAA
    Full Price Ticket
    €166.00 ea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Hi, Can anyone tell me where these seats are? It says seated in front of stage but where exactly?!

Sec FLAT, Row XX
    Full Price Ticket
    €166.00 ea
    Sec FLAT, Row BBB
    Full Price Ticket
    €166.00 ea
    Sec FLAT, Row CCC
    Full Price Ticket
    €166.00 ea
    Sec FLAT, Row AAA
    Full Price Ticket
    €166.00 ea

It suggests the seating has been extended back from the original seating chart..
    I only see 2 blocks A-Z and AA-VV
    Where did you get the above from?

17614s.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Badger the witness

UsedToWait wrote: »
    It suggests the seating has been extended back from the original seating chart..
    I only see 2 blocks A-Z and AA-VV
    Where did you get the above from?

They are for sale on Ticketmaster. I took a chance and just bought 2 for row xx (present for the parents, I'd be happy with standing)

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Sounds as if they,re at the rear of the seated area directly in front of the stage. Would google the RDS event seat map to be certain though

Sounds as if they,re at the rear of the seated area directly in front of the stage. Would google the RDS event seat map to be certain though

^ That's the event seat map taken from TM I posted above.
    Looks like they've added more seats to the set up, but haven't updated the map.

Just testing and neither normal nor platinum's are available for sale now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 kizzle

Any idea what time Paul Simon might be on stage at? I know doors are at 4 but having trouble getting the day off work so want to make sure I could make it up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭manna452121

I am heading to the concert,can I bring in a small bag with some cloths as I am staying overnight? Gates open at 4.00 with Bonnie Wright on stage at 5.00 https://www.aikenpromotions.com/component/thelist/show/1438-paul-simon-announces-homeward-bound-the-farewell-tour-rds-dublin-live-in-rds-dublin-4-Dublin-on-13-Jul-2018.html?Itemid=1438

• Advertisement

I am heading to the concert,can I bring in a small bag with some cloths as I am staying overnight? Gates open at 4.00 with Bonnie Wright on stage at 5.00 https://www.aikenpromotions.com/component/thelist/show/1438-paul-simon-announces-homeward-bound-the-farewell-tour-rds-dublin-live-in-rds-dublin-4-Dublin-on-13-Jul-2018.html?Itemid=1438

Maybe send them a tweet, but the usual these days seems to be a bag no bigger than A4 size...

edit - on their twitter:

Bonnie Raitt - 5pm, James Taylor - 6.15pm and Paul Simon - 8pm. Note that times are subject to change and you should keep an eye for updates on http://www.aikenpromotions.com - Enjoy the Concert!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Any ideas when this will be over? I'll be hoping to get the last bus home from Ha'penny Bridge at 11.30

Double C wrote: »
    Any ideas when this will be over? I'll be hoping to get the last bus home from Ha'penny Bridge at 11.30

I think the curfew does be 10.30 at the RDS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Yes, I reckon...

Bonnie Raitt 5:00-5:45 (she does about nine songs)
    James Taylor 6:15-7:30
    Paul Simon 8:00-10:30

Most reviews have referred to Paul Simon's show being two and a half hours.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 hard copy

You would have no problem getting rid of those on toutless if you cannot go.

I think the pricing was quite strange, the flat seated should have been most expensive IMO, there are none of them left. Yet there are decent enough stand ones left, block H & block J row E, but they are also 166.

17614s.gif

I assume this seating arrangement would mean no pit for standing?

Would have tried to get down early but no point if its halfway back anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

No. Seats closest to the stage, standing behind the seats. They put in more rows than are indicated here, so there's at least another half alphabet's worth of seats that aren't illustrated on the seating plan. The highest row reference I saw was NNN, but there may be more.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

No. Seats closest to the stage, standing behind the seats. They put in more rows than are indicated here, so there's at least another half alphabet's worth of seats that aren't illustrated on the seating plan. The highest row reference I saw was NNN, but there may be more.

Not to mention a giant bloody merchandise stall slap bang between seated/ standing areas. So view of stage will be crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Seriously Aiken???? €106 for this.......

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Seriously Aiken???? €106 for this.......

Take 20-30steps either left or right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

endacl wrote: »
    Take 20-30steps either left or right?

Yeah, much better.......

The only spot with a full view is right at the entrance, and from previous RDS gigs, security won't let you stand there when it starts filling up.

Advertisement