Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I close my account?

Options
  • 05-02-2018 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

I'm going to be very blunt here.....
    Sold my place not so long ago - all good, closing bill will be paid this week via DD.

It will realistically be 3-4 months (at least) before i've a new home bought.

The agent on the phone was very helpful and advised that I didn't need to close my account and to just call them when i've a new place bought, hence saving the hassle of deposit as a new customer etc. as i'm a current customer.

However, don't EI offer incentives for new customers? Therefore, if I close my account and start a new account (new address), i'll be a new customer in the eyes of EI, hence will probably be offered some credit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige B

Hi John,

Thanks for getting in touch.

To confirm, have you closed the account for your previous address? If so, the account will remain closed until opened again when you have moved into a new premises.

In order to open the account again, you will need to take a meter reading the day you move in, or the day you take responsibility for the supply at the property, and contact Electric Ireland directly to register.

We recommend that when doing so you call the Electric Ireland Sales team directly on 1850 305 090. If there are any savings available to you at the time, they will be in the best position to advise you, and set this on the account for you.

If your account remains closed for an extended period of time, as you've suggested in your message, then you may be eligible for additional savings. However, the Sales team will advise you of this at the time.

The Electric Ireland Sales team are available to call from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday, and 9am to 5:30pm on Saturdays.

We hope this helps. Should you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

Advertisement