Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price increase just what I needed to leave

Options
  • 05-02-2018 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭

Firstly I know there is not much that you can do about this, but I would thought I would just let you know that as direct response to the letter I received today notifying me of a €7 price increase on my bill I looked into other options for my phone line/ broadband and found your red competitor offered better package at cheaper rate than I currently pay (it will soon be €17 cheaper), plus I get 6 months of a reduced price so it really was a no brainier.

Never had complaints about the service I got, but €204 per year price difference (not including the 6 months at a reduced rate) is way to much.

So no question, just something to consider when setting your prices in the future

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 mkov1

you could say the same about electricity, car insurance etc. It is a nuisance but broadband has gone the same way. You kinda have to go through trouble of switching every 12 months to get a good deal.

I'm on 35euro per month + 50 euro cashback (still waiting for it tho) as I switched from Vodafone. But after 12 months my bill goes to something like 70+ euro, just for broadband ... so there no other way than to switch again.

It costs them extra money I guess, but they hope people are lazy or stupid and don't switch... and some are I guess ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Firstly I know there is not much that you can do about this, but I would thought I would just let you know that as direct response to the letter I received today notifying me of a €7 price increase on my bill I looked into other options for my phone line/ broadband and found your red competitor offered better package at cheaper rate than I currently pay (it will soon be €17 cheaper), plus I get 6 months of a reduced price so it really was a no brainier.

Never had complaints about the service I got, but €204 per year price difference (not including the 6 months at a reduced rate) is way to much.

So no question, just something to consider when setting your prices in the future
    Hi witnessmenow ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Is this price increase for all current customers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Is this price increase for all current customers?
    Hi ,

It depends on what plan you are on, would you like to PM me your full name & account number and I can confirm?

Thanks

Advertisement