Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legacy site not working.

Options
  • 05-02-2018 7:25pm

Help I'm stuck in faceboards and I can't get out. Legacy site just loops back to faceboards. Firefox latest update. The problem arose since I cleared all temp files, cache. cookies etc...First report here https:/www.boards.ie/b/thread/2057837742

Works on phone but not laptop.

Reinstalled Firefox. I'm not changing browser that's not a fix. Other than feedback I'm not interacting with the site until there's a solution. It's just too clunky. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread moved from Feedback to the Help Desk

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

We had another report of this from Shield.

Try dump the cache and cookies, see if that sorts it.

I have done. No fix.

As per first post tried that, no fix. Also tried replying twice on computer but replays didn't get posted.

Fixt!

Clicky

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's helpdesk, replies are pre-moderated. Equally the normal users can't see the post you've linked.

And I misread the first post too.

Seems odd that any of the addons would do this though.

Cheers Spear,
    I thought that was the case with pre-moderated posts...but didn't see a notice of this practice in the other site version I was using so the penny took a while to drop. Thanks for the help.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Have you managed to narrow it down any further? Do you mind if I add the image in this thread for reference for others who might run into the same problem? Thanks.

This image? ;)

440837.jpg

No haven't chased the rabbit. I've moved on with my life. :pac:
    Disabled all the plug-ins, logged in with clean cache. Went to classic boards, re-enabled everything. No issue since. :cool:

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

• Advertisement
Advertisement