Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

registering as self-employed in ireland

Options
  • 05-02-2018 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, this is my first post..
    I'd like to register as self-employed. Basically, I'll be working as an independent consultant providing intellectual services (writing reports/etc). I've never worked in Ireland and have just come back a few months ago.
    I really don't know how to register as self-employed so I can start invoicing the organisations I'll be writing papers for.
    Any help would be welcome.
    Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Cuaulb wrote: »
    Hi, this is my first post..
    I'd like to register as self-employed. Basically, I'll be working as an independent consultant providing intellectual services (writing reports/etc). I've never worked in Ireland and have just come back a few months ago.
    I really don't know how to register as self-employed so I can start invoicing the organisations I'll be writing papers for.
    Any help would be welcome.
    Thanks,

Call your local revenue office and they'll take you through it. Or do it online through ROS. Very simple and easy to do if just going some trader rather than limited company. Any tax due for 2018 has to be paid before 31st October 2019. But you can start trading straight away once registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cuaulb

Thanks a mil

Advertisement