Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advice on moving to Galway

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭patsy mulcaghy

leex wrote: »
    Can't comment on Monivea but Headford has had a lot of people move into the area in last number of years. Never heard of any issues with integration. I'd say it has benefitted the area as a lot of new groups have been set up in areas like arts and cultural activities.

Hi Leex,

Looks like you're from the area as offering some good advice. We're in a similar position to Steve, only looking at a move west of the City; Inverin, Rossaveel direction; realise they are Gaeltacht areas.

In your or anybody elses opinion, are they generally welcoming on the whole and in terms of integration? I have a decent grasp of the language and studying more to improve prior to any move :pac:

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

my mother is from galway so i know the county and its people quite well , galway is a very clannish county outside the city and even in the city despite the apparent liberal attitude of the place .

im sure it would not be an insurmountable problem however .

Advertisement