Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Correcting Mocks

Options
  • 05-02-2018 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi guys, I am currently correcting for both DEB and Examcraft and wondering about tax? I am registered as a substitute but I rarely make more than 50 quid a week, I won't make much in the next few months. I know I have to register Examcraft and I'm guessing I'll have to register DEB? I am a medical card holder and earn very little per year so obviously want to avoid emergency text etc. Anyone know how to go about this?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

You'll probably get taxed a load if you get two lump sums, and the you can claim the vast majority of it back. I usually wait til the end of the year and get a P21 balancing statement. You could also send the P45 to revenue and they'll sort you.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 shannongreen

Thanks! Yeah I'm expecting lump sums but my income is very low and its a one off payment. I'm hoping I won't get taxed much. I can't really wait until the end of the year to claim it..planning on using the money during the Summer.

Advertisement