Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brick.ie or Lug.ie

Options
  • 05-02-2018 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi I've been looking into joining a lego club the last two weeks. I'm based in south Dublin.

I've found 2 lego online groups brick.ie and lug.ie, I'm not certain which one to join.

Met some brick members in Tayto Park and most were great but there were 2 that kind of put me off.

Has anyone any recommendations which is best or is there others I could join.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Regarding the TWO individuals who seem to be offputting to YOU, compared to other countries, for instance our nearest geographical neighbour, the United Kingdom, Ireland is something of a 'small village'. I don't know what you find offputting about these individuals but I'm guessing they follow the hobby for their own ego boost of themselves or their kids

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Simplythetruth

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    Regarding the TWO individuals who seem to be offputting to YOU, compared to other countries, for instance our nearest geographical neighbour, the United Kingdom, Ireland is something of a 'small village'. I don't know what you find offputting about these individuals but I'm guessing they follow the hobby for their own ego boost of themselves or their kids

Tbh I found one to be a complete b&@€;h, her attitude not only to my kids but everyone present was apalling, you're right about the ego's she asked did I want an autograph when my son asked her if she was on a tv show.
    The other seemed completely lacking any social skills and simply ignored my queries or my children's curiosity.

That said since then I've signed up online for both Irish fan clubs, unfortunately I don't think either are suitable for children.

Instead I've brought my two monsters to bricks4kids in Omni twice and they loved it. So that will do for now until they're older or grow out of their lego phase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

They sure have a Great Dad.

Advertisement