Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

setting up a F2000 as a wireless extender for a sky router

Options
  • 05-02-2018 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi All
    Hoping to get some advice here on wireless. i am trying to extend my sky wireless to the back of the house and i have tried to connect a Eir F2000 router i have. i ran a cat5 from sky router to the f2000 and have tried to follow how to set up on the web. as i type the pc is connected in to the f2000 and speed is fine and a VF sure signal box is connected to another lan port but no matter what i do the wireless wont connet .i see it on a wifi apo on the phone but no luck connecting.
    so could some run me through the set up from start to finish. what i need to do on the sky router and the f2000
    it would be a great help
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

i lovewine wrote: »
    what i need to do on the sky router
    Most probably; nothing.
    i lovewine wrote: »
    the f2000
    Turn off DHCP (as all DHCP will be sent from the Sky router).
    Give it a static IP address whose last 3 digits are around the 100 mark, and mark said IP address with a label; can be handy for troubleshooting.
    Set it as "bridge mode".

This is what I did with an older Eircom router.

Advertisement