Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barrack Street rejuvenation. What's the story?

Options
  • 06-02-2018 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Did they run out of money or something? There are a tonne of new high tech looking lamp posts there for the last few years, but they've never been switched on ever. Just planted in the ground doing nothing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭rob316

All they had to do, was demolish or paint the **** looking buildings but there was so many delays due to lack of funding, the street ended up closed for ages. They absolutely killed it dead for any business depending on a passing trade. It was narrow as a 2 way street granted but atleast it was busy. They also put these stupidly steep speed ramps there, that I do my level best to avoid the street and the damage to my car shocks, even though I live at the end of it.

Advertisement