Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi service first and second

• 06-02-2018 8:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭

anyone have an idea what is included in an Audi second service ?

they want 380 euro to service a 2 year old 1.4 petrol car with 40 k km on it

first service is 330 euro FFS

am i missing something here .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

The standard Audi main dealer pricing is below:

http://www.audi.ie/ie/web/en/customer-area/audi-service/fixed-price-service.html

An Expert Service is: Oil & filter, exterior & underbody check, all fluids check, interior & electronics check, written condition report, service stamp.

The Major Service adds: air filter change, fuel filter change (if diesel,) spark plug change (if petrol), road test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

The above fixed price servicing with Audi is for cars over 4 years of age.

A first service is an oil and filter change, the second is oil and filter and pollen filter.

The prices quoted do seem strong, even for a main dealer. Have you asked for a breakdown of what you are getting for that price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jhud

Gravelly wrote: »
    The standard Audi main dealer pricing is below:

http://www.audi.ie/ie/web/en/customer-area/audi-service/fixed-price-service.html

An Expert Service is: Oil & filter, exterior & underbody check, all fluids check, interior & electronics check, written condition report, service stamp.

The Major Service adds: air filter change, fuel filter change (if diesel,) spark plug change (if petrol), road test.

Just noticed in terms and conditions of this it states
    * Applies to vehicles aged 4-15 years.

There is no * on any of the jobs so dose this mean price's only for cars aged 4-15 years
    It looks like maybe brake fluid flush as they say every 2 years along with air con refresh and then maybe wipers added.
    Best thing is to ask what is included with the service for this price. But main dealers know how to charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

thanks alot ,

i will call them and get a break down

i have done pollen filter and wipers myself already , just needs an oil change and a once over
    it may need an air filter , possibly after two years ?

yes, some sites mention brake fluid every two years but that seems a bit early and air con is optional , and seems ridiculous after two years
    id expect this to be 200 quid max if its just oil and health check , christ on a bike.

The above fixed price servicing with Audi is for cars over 4 years of age.

A first service is an oil and filter change, the second is oil and filter and pollen filter.

The prices quoted do seem strong, even for a main dealer. Have you asked for a breakdown of what you are getting for that price?

You can't say a second service is just oil and filter. It depends on mileage and service schedule. If you only service once a year, the second service should include brake fluid change for example.
    jhud wrote: »
    Just noticed in terms and conditions of this it states
    * Applies to vehicles aged 4-15 years.

There is no * on any of the jobs so dose this mean price's only for cars aged 4-15 years
    It looks like maybe brake fluid flush as they say every 2 years along with air con refresh and then maybe wipers added.
    Best thing is to ask what is included with the service for this price. But main dealers know how to charge.

The prices above, although marked for cars 4 years and over, is the standard Audi price schedule for all cars. They only mark it 4 years and over due to the complexity of different Audi servicing schedules.

• Advertisement

DaDumTish wrote: »
    thanks alot ,

i have done pollen filter and wipers myself already , just needs an oil change and a once over

yes, some sites mention brake fluid every two years but that seems a bit early and air con is optional , and seems ridiculous after two years
    id expect this to be 200 quid max if its just oil and health check , christ on a bike.

If you want value, go to a reputable Audi indy garage, not a main dealer!

Your first brake fluid is after 3 years then every 2 years after that.

Would you consider getting it done at a VW dealer? A second service on a petrol VW is €189, €169 if you don't do the pollen filter.

Your first brake fluid is after 3 years then every 2 years after that.

Would you consider getting it done at a VW dealer? A second service on a petrol VW is €189, €169 if you don't do the pollen filter.

VW recommend 3 years, Audi 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

thanks alot ,

Good luck getting an Audi or any premium branded car serviced at a main dealer for €200. These are the prices you pay from main dealers of premium brands.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Are VW, Seat, Skoda and Audi all the same as regards servicing parts and prices?

You'd imagine they should be for say oil and filter jobs - seeing as the engines and consumables are identical.

• Advertisement

Are VW, Seat, Skoda and Audi all the same as regards servicing parts and prices?

You'd imagine they should be for say oil and filter jobs - seeing as the engines and consumables are identical.

No, prices and intervals are different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

I have had my A3 serviced twice and my A6 serviced once in Audi Waterford all for the fixed price of €189. the Pollen filter on the second service was €30 extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

i have done pollen filter

Is the car still under warranty? Warranties have been invalidated for less, be careful.

Best rule here is stick with main dealer while under warranty to avail of any goodwill if something goes wrong out of warranty.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

No, prices and intervals are different.

I did mention parts specifically.

I wonder for example if OE spec oil and filter for say a 1.6Tdi would cost the same in a Skoda dealership for an Octavia as it would in an Audi dealership for an A4 with the same engine?

The price of the oil is set by the dealer I believe whereas the parts have an RRP.

I did mention parts specifically.

I wonder for example if OE spec oil and filter for say a 1.6Tdi would cost the same in a Skoda dealership for an Octavia as it would in an Audi dealership for an A4 with the same engine?

The answer to that question would be no.

The answer to that question would be no.

So identical product going into an identical engine costs more in a prestige marque workshop? That's a rip off surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

So identical product going into an identical engine costs more in a prestige marque workshop? That's a rip off surely?

Depends on the supply chain. Not sure how VAG are setup but if Skoda have 500,000 of engine A in there models and Audi have 10,000 obviously Skoda would be buying in bigger bulk and getting better prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

I don't believe its down to volume. I suspect, like the cars themselves you are simply being charged more for the same parts because the brand can.

To a certain extent the consumer should bare this in mind when buying the car.

If a new A3 petrol with a middling spec is €30k and a new Golf petrol with a middling spec is €24k and the purchaser knows that the A3 is effectively a Golf in a prettier dress but the mechanical and electrical components and chassis are exactly the same yet you are happy to pay €6k extra for the Audi, should you not be at least somewhat at peace with the fact that after sales will be as proportionately more expensive as the initial sale itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭mengele

Did you go into any Audi main dealer lately? How many people do you have to go through before the keys get to the mechanic? Something needs to pay for secretaries, parts managers, mechanics, valeting people etc

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

bazz26 wrote: »
    Good luck getting an Audi or any premium branded car serviced at a main dealer for €200. These are the prices you pay from main dealers of premium brands.

€189 for a minor service on my A6 since we got her 9 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Is the car still under warranty? Warranties have been invalidated for less, be careful.

Best rule here is stick with main dealer while under warranty to avail of any goodwill if something goes wrong out of warranty.

You do not lose your warranty by having your car serviced outside of the main dealer network so long as genuine parts are used and the work is in line with the manufacturers recommendations.

https://www.figiefa.eu/wp-content/uploads/r2rc-newberframeworkbrochure.pdf

Advertisement