Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Original Xbox backwards compatibility on Xbox 360 with xplorer 360

Options
  • 06-02-2018 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭

My brother got an Xbox 360 used from GameStop just recently and Xbox games don't work on it.
    I presume the hard drive isn't original.
    It's a 320gb.
    Could plugging his harddrive into my pc and using Xplorer360 to recover the backward s compatibility partition cause his console to be banned if I did it? Is it risky?
    Has anyone tried it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

bring it back, it's not working how it should (assuming he's trying to play actual supported back compat games).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I tested it myself and it doesn't work with the supported games. I bought it online on gamestop.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

You should still be able to return it. If it's not playing supported Xbox games then it's not working as it should, it's missing a key part of it. Why would you want to go tot the faff of plugging it into a pc and doing stuff with the partition? Just return it and get a replacement that's working properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Problem is they don't have 320gb model Xbox 360 anywhere.
    I asked them about it and they wanted to charge an extra 30 euros for 500gb model.
    Not worth it obviously just to play a few old Xbox games.

Advertisement