Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing phone from bundle

Options
  • 06-02-2018 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

I am currently paying €62 per month for the eir complete bundle which includes eir fibre and eir talk off-peak mobile 90 and a €2 discount for direct debits. I recently received a letter stating that you are moving me to the eir talk off peak mobile 1500 plan which will cost €5 extra per month.

I never use my landline for calls so this increase is of no benefit to me. How can I remove the phone element from my bundle so that I am left with just the eir fibre? And how much will this cost per month?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

ElNino wrote: »
    I am currently paying €62 per month for the eir complete bundle which includes eir fibre and eir talk off-peak mobile 90 and a €2 discount for direct debits. I recently received a letter stating that you are moving me to the eir talk off peak mobile 1500 plan which will cost €5 extra per month.

I never use my landline for calls so this increase is of no benefit to me. How can I remove the phone element from my bundle so that I am left with just the eir fibre? And how much will this cost per month?
    Hi ElNino ,

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

thanks Thomas. I have just PMed you the requested details.

I will reply to your PM shortly.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

Hi 
    Just to be aware, If you remove your landline from your bill this will impact you if you ever move to a new supplier.

• Advertisement

Thanks

Thomas
    I never received any PM?
    pmce4 wrote: »

Hi 
    Just to be aware, If you remove your landline from your bill this will impact you if you ever move to a new supplier.
    How so? Don't other suppliers like Vodafone offer broadband only options as well?

Thanks

Thomas
    I never received any PM?

Hi 
    How so? Don't other suppliers like Vodafone offer broadband only options as well?
    yes but it is a different process for porting. If you have an active phoneline porting from one provider to another is a straight forward process. Without an active phone line you will be without broadband for a period of time as the new provider would have to take over your line re-activate it to supply your broadband. Sky quote 4-6 weeks for this process to happen as your old provider would have to switch you off at the cabinet or exchange then your new provider undoes that to switch you back on.

Thanks

Thomas
    I never received any PM?

Hi 
    I have responded to your PM.

Thanks

Thomas

Thanks

Thomas
    I never received any PM?

Hi 

Thanks

Thomas
    Thomas, it took you a day to reply and all you did was to tell me to ring 1901. I want to know how much it will cost me for broadband only per month?

Also can you comment on what pmce4 said about porting?

Thanks

Thomas
    I never received any PM?

Hi 

Thanks

Thomas
    Thomas, it took you a day to reply and all you did was to tell me to ring 1901. I want to know how much it will cost me for broadband only per month?

Hi ElNino,

The timeframe for a response here is 24 hours, if I can reply to customers any sooner, I will make it my business to do so.

unfortunately, I am not aware of the process sky use in regards to porting in as a new customer.

I would recommend contacting our support team to clarify this.

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement

Thanks

Thomas
    I never received any PM?

Hi 

Thanks

Thomas

Hi ElNino,

The timeframe for a response here is 24 hours, if I can reply to customers any sooner, I will make it my business to do so.

unfortunately, I am not aware of the process sky use in regards to porting in as a new customer.

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas

It is a well known fact that porting from a supplier with an active land line is a seamless task however broadband only porting is a major pain to all which will incur a time line with no service to the customer.

Thanks

Thomas
    I never received any PM?

Hi 

Thanks

Thomas

Hi ElNino,

Thanks

Thomas
    You are not being very helpful as you still haven't answered any of my questions. I don't mind waiting 24 hours for a response as long as I get an adequate response but fobbing me off by telling me to ring 1901 doesn't answer my questions. You still haven't said what the monthly charge for broadband only is?

I have used the Talk to Sky Forum on Boards and their reps were really helpful to the point of ringing me to sort out my issue. Maybe I have unrealistic expectations that as a long term customer I would get the same level of service from eir's customer representatives and that you would be able to answer some simple questions here instead of telling me to ring other departments in eir to find the answers? 

Thanks

Thomas
    I never received any PM?

Hi 

Thanks

Thomas

Hi ElNino,

Thanks

Thomas
    You are not being very helpful as you still haven't answered any of my questions. I don't mind waiting 24 hours for a response as long as I get an adequate response but fobbing me off by telling me to ring 1901 doesn't answer my questions. You still haven't said what the monthly charge for broadband only is?

I have used the Talk to Sky Forum on Boards and their reps were really helpful to the point of ringing me to sort out my issue. Maybe I have unrealistic expectations that as a long term customer I would get the same level of service from eir's customer representatives and that you would be able to answer some simple questions here instead of telling me to ring other departments in eir to find the answers? 
    Hi 
    Just to clarify I am an Eir customer and my advice is to strike a deal but keep your phone line in case you ever need to change. Also my opinion is that EIR give a better supply as my 100mb fibre service is very good but Eir,s modem/routers let them down due to drop out issues. I need to reset my f2000 modem on a daily basis due to issues with wifi extenders and my Nest losing connections due to the router. But my speeds are consistently 90mb plus even on 5G wifi

Thanks

Thomas
    I never received any PM?

Hi 

Thanks

Thomas

Hi ElNino,

Thanks

Thomas

I apologise if it seems as though I'm not helpful, I am trying my best to assist you.

The bundle your on currently was sold together, I cannot speculate a price through this channel as to how much it would cost to remove the phone line, hence why I've advised you to contact our support team on 1901  to query this. They have a designated department to look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement