Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH query

Options
  • 06-02-2018 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    KN group were working at our village up until the recently in our village, a neighbor of ours has recently gotten eir fiber.They are on the 150mb package and are getting speeds of roughly 140mb. I got in contact with yourselves last week to find out what the availability would be for my house. The person i was talking to said that fiber is available to my house. I am currently under contract with sky until May.
    When I queried Sky about the possibility of fiber for the duration of my contract they told me that yes it was technically possible but that eir hadn't made available the fiber sockets to sky. I would like to seek clarification if that is the case.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Burgo wrote: »
    Hi there,
    KN group were working at our village up until the recently in our village, a neighbor of ours has recently gotten eir fiber.They are on the 150mb package and are getting speeds of roughly 140mb. I got in contact with yourselves last week to find out what the availability would be for my house. The person i was talking to said that fiber is available to my house. I am currently under contract with sky until May.
    When I queried Sky about the possibility of fiber for the duration of my contract they told me that yes it was technically possible but that eir hadn't made available the fiber sockets to sky. I would like to seek clarification if that is the case.

What you were told is not true. Sky and Vodafone have decided to boycott eir's FTTH network as they claim eir are charging them too much for each connection. If you remain with Sky you will not be able to avail of the service.

https://www.independent.ie/business/technology/news/high-prices-force-firms-to-boycott-eirs-rural-network-36558816.html

eir may pay up to €200 in the form of account credit to buy you out of your Sky contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Burgo wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Hi Burgo,

Can you confirm your Full address including Eir code, please?

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement