Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 12 million Euro error

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Couchpotato82

They should be told to piss off.
    If a sub-contractor made such a mistake BAM would laugh them out of the office.
    They are a nasty outfit and obfuscation and underhand tactics seem to be a company policy.
    I hope this costs them millions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

In all honesty, I don't know at this stage how they find sub contractors to work for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Not the first time they've misjudged things by 12 million. Either incompotence or something more sinister. Either way, not a good look.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

12million is beyond farsical in terms of an arithmetic error.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

The trick of putting in a low tender price and finding a reason to break the contract is a bit old now. Obviously the tender put out was very thorough or they would have found a way to move the blame away from themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Tom44

Company modus appranda

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/developer-of-planned-cork-centre-to-seek-extra-12m-in-public-funds-1.2983569

Will the powers to be never learn?

FFS. It's our money their spending!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Deub

It is just a joke. I could barely understand a mistake for 1 million but 12...
    How on earth could someone not notice that?

It is incompetence or on purpose to win the contract but in both cases it makes the company look bad and not reliable.

Advertisement